Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assets not syncing due to "Server Error"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently attempted to move a large amount of high resolution images to Adobe Assets. It seemed to bog the whole system down, so I stored my images on an external drive. However, now despite having about 20 gigs left on my cloud storage, even small files fail to sync, or save back to Assets. The error says "Unable to sync due to server error." I need Assets to work properly in order for business to run smooth around here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacquek,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Are you seeing the server error in a browser or within the Creative Cloud app? I have seen instances of this error occurring in the past when collaborating a folder with others and one of the collaborators runs out of space. Once this occurs, anyone which attempts to sync files within the collaborated folder would receive a server error message, not just the collaborator, even if you have free space.

You can check if you have collaborated folders by going to this web address:

https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=shared

If you do see folders at that web address that means you have collaborated folders. I'd check to see if the files which are resulting in the server error are within a collaborated folder within the Creative Cloud Files folder locally.

If you do have collaborated folders, you might want to ensure who ever you are collaborating with has free space:

https://assets.adobe.com/activity/settings

and recommend that they empty their online archive here:

https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive

or alternatively remove yourself or others any collaborations.

Please let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Our folders are shared between two of us, but the other person is not having any trouble at all and has been able to work and save. The error is appearing within the desktop app.Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 9.19.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines