Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to share content privately

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm very new to Creative Cloud, so please pardon my ignorance.  I'm looking for a way to share content (mostly photos, but some video) on the web, but privately, and ideally keeping metadata like tags and identified faces.  I have about 30,000 photos in Lightroom Classic, and I'd like to share a few thousand of them with my family and friends.  As I see it, I have the following choices:

1. Adobe Portfolio, which I just today discovered.  But I see no way of keeping the site private, such as creating a login. And I don't know about the metadata.
  2. Uploading them to SharePoint, which I know how to manage.  But that duplicates things and loses the metadata right?
  3. Using some other server such as Moments or Photo Station on my Synology server.  But, same problems as  SharePoint.

Any suggestions?  Am I nuts?  Or am I missing some obvious solution?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom albums/collections can be synced to your Portfolio project pages which is very convenient.  But don't go overboard.  Portfolio, as it name implies, is for posting examples of your BEST work online.   If you try to upload thousands of images, you're asking for problems.  Nobody, not even your family & friends will wait 1-2 hours for a website to load.  

You can password protect your whole website easily by clicking the Settings Gear on the left side of the editor and then selecting “Password Protection” in the Settings menu. A site-wide password will require all visitors to enter a password to view your website.

You can also password protect selected pages in your site.  See help article below for details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035537174-Password-protecting-pages

If you're expecting image meta data to be visible and/or searchable, forget about it.  Portfolio doesn't support that.

()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines