Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beware of Apple Big Sur beta...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just a quick note of caution for anyone considering testing the latest MacOS 11.0 "Big Sur"... Initial reports suggest that the CC suite works fine, which is true, in that the apps open (PS, Illustrator etc). However, Adobe CC Libraries within those apps don't seem to be working yet. 

From my testing, no resetting, re-installing etc makes a difference.

I know that the public full release of Big Sur is not for a few months, but I expect the public beta to drop in a couple of weeks, and I want people to go into that with their eyes open.

This is a beta at this stage - It is NOT Adobe's fault if everything is not working 100% on day one.

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Here is an Adobe article reinterating these are uncharted/unsupported waters
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

The article will be updated with any known limitations once the OS is officially released

Be sure to report any issues you encounter to Apple through their beta release channels

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for letting us know. 

Thanks,
Supriya
CC Libraries Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a CC beta that fixes this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is there a CC beta

Beta testers sign an NDA that does not allow them to comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not allowed to respond to his question either.

wink wink

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are working on the fix.  Meanwhile yon can launch CC Library using the following steps.

1. Open Terminal

2. Type following command followed by 'Return'

cd /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Creative\ Cloud\ Libraries/CCLibrary.app/Contents   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - Yes, this works fine.

I assume I need to leave the terminal session active whilst I am using CC? If I close it, the libraries disappear again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me.  Did it twice.  First time. I entered the info into the terminal and restarted my computer.  Acrobat crashed.  Did it again with the terminal still there (no restart, no close to terminal) opened document and crashed.  Terminal says:

Outputting logs to: /Users/debrabooth/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/Creative Cloud Libraries/

To view log messages on the console, use the --debug argument

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. Guess this might be reason haing trouble opening Premiere Pro / Rush as they don't appear under system perferences privacy section therefore can't grant them permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - Quick update.

I am pleased to say that since Beta 4 (which I believe is also PB 1) - Libraries are working fine once again. 

Obviously this could change again in a future Beta, but at least progress is being made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. 

Thanks,
Supriya
CC Libraries Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Beta5, Media Encoder ane Adobe After Effects fail to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started to use Big Sur beta and I have verified countinuous crashes of Adobe Acrobat DC that prevent to work with it. I hope that these bugs will be fixed soon to avoid to downgrade to Mac OS Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro. Open a PDF and within seconds they crash.  I have tried completely uninstalling (including using the AdobeAcroCleanerTool), rebooted, then reinstalled. The problem persists. I have reverted to using preview.app to view PDFs, but obviously can no longer edit PDFS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (CABackStoreIsUpdating_ (b)), function CABackingStoreEndUpdate, file /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/QuartzCore/QuartzCore-911/LayerKit/utilities/CABackingStore.cpp, line 1399.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the results of your tests, Vito, Dave & Travis. I assume this is a test machine and you can still do your work on your live machine. You should report problems with betas to the maker of the beta, first (Apple, in this case).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Acrobat on Big Sur it just crashes all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Have BigSur on my personal machine (which frankly is acting as my work machine much of the time) and cannot use Adobe Acrobat. Have gone through the suggested fixes and still having issues. 

Would be delighted to see a fix -- happy to test a fix too. I use Adobe Acrobat every day, multiple times a day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an Adobe problem. You do realise that you are using Beta software when you installed Big Sur?
Big Sur should only be used on non-production machines as it is still in development.
I certainly wouldn't install macOS software on any of my machines until it has been officially released for at least 3 months. You are just looking for trouble — even the release version will have bugs and hassles for a while after release — so wise to wait until a few dot patches have been made available. My worst experiences on Mac have been when I have installed an OS update too early.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It kind of is an Adobe problem.

Apple releases new software every year like clockwork. Adobe knows when this is. The assigned team has one year to anticipate, develop, test, and revise their software for compatibility with new releases. Sure, it was not compatible when you wrote this, only 8 days before it launched, at which point, you could fault the beta software. But now, 7 days after it launched, it is still incompatible, meaning the project team at Adobe responsible for porting their software to new OS' did not hit their timeline and were likely not on time to hit it when you posted this. Classic chicken or egg debate. I'm not saying Adobe is more or less responsible for the issue than Apple, just that it's mutual. 

I've beta tested macOS for the past 6-7 years and have never had any kind of issue like this with Adobe though, so it either has to do with the fact that this upgrade was significantly different (10.x.x to 11.0.0), and/or their was a missed deadline on behalf of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all you've beta tested for 6 or 7 years and never had this kind of problem is a blatant lie, it happens every year. Secondly it's neither Adobe or Apples fault if something doesn't work. As a beta tester you should know this??

And finally 7 days after its launched??? MacOS 11 is still in beta, it hasn't launched, you're clearly confused over the difference between MacOS and iOS, hardly a good indicator of your ability to beta test!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that you just don't give up — even when you are wrong.

;o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not you Coupeman — I was replying to tsmthtj

My mistake, I should have added the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines