• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I move the creative cloud folder to an external hard drive?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps, in a Mac, can I move the creative cloud folder to an external hard drive an place a Symbolic Link in the default location?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D2F1,

In the Creative Cloud preferences (from the Gear icon in the top right) in the Files section is an option to specify a different location for the Creative Cloud folder. You might try that.

folder_loc.jpg

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave, that was very helpful. I should figure out my self… many thanks!

El 12/09/2014, a las 19:06, David__B <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

can I move the creative cloud folder to an external hard drive?

created by David__B in Adobe Creative Cloud - View the full discussion

Hi D2F1,

In the Creative Cloud preferences (from the Gear icon in the top right) in the Files section is an option to specify a different location for the Creative Cloud folder. You might try that.

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-6725090-670972/folder_loc.jpg

- Dave

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6725090#6725090

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Creative Cloud by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to let the sync happen then go to preferences and assign a folder in the drop down menu under 'install location'

Then sign out and quit the CC app.

Move the folder from Macintosh HD>users>your-name to the location you specified then re-open the app and sign in.

This has just worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but it didn't work. I hadn't logged back in. When I did the folder on my external drive had the various apps in it but I had to restore the folder on my hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines