• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I open an existing Indesign document in the Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made many Indesign documents on my stand alone system using the Creative Suite. Can I work with those files on the Creative Cloud and if so, how I can open these files up there?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

You cannot edit ID files on the web. You still need InDesign, but of course it's part of a CC subscription.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot edit ID files on the web. You still need InDesign, but of course it's part of a CC subscription.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the file syncing that comes with the Creative Cloud desktop application then as you save changes to your InDesign file, you will create a new version that sync up to the cloud storage. From the Files page at https://creative.adobe.com/files you can see when each version was created, and you can revert to an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ken,

Please can you help.

I have produced many CS6 InDesign Documents in the past. If I purchase Creative Cloud, will I be able to open and edit my CS6 InDesign docs? I would like to be 100% sure that this is possible before I purchase.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines