• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone help me with the "Creative Cloud Files Folder Missing" error message?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on a Mac (OS X 10.10.1) and recently changed my system's "user" folder name to something else. I believe I followed all of Apple's steps correctly to make sure my user account name and user directory are in alignment after the change. However, the Creative Cloud did not update the extension / file location address for syncing. I went into Creative Cloud's preferences and saw the "File Location" was still listing the old name for my Mac's user folder. I used the drop-down menu to select "Other" and then selected the newly-named user folder. The Creative Cloud app then started loading (presumably, to re-establish sync connection), but then gave me the same error message again. When I go back into Creative Cloud's preferences, the "File Location" now shows the correct, newly-named user folder, but I still get the same error message whenever I try to turn sync back on. Even with the correct file shown as the "File Location", the error message still makes reference to the old extension / file location address.

How do I get Creative Cloud to update the file address? It seems to have accepted my change to the "File Location", but the file address itself has not updated.

FYI: Clicking the "Restore" option doesn't help at all. It just produces the same pop-up over and over until I turn sync off.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 03, 2015 Jan 03, 2015

UPDATE: I restarted my computer and went through the exact same process outlined above and now it looks like it resolved itself; the error message no longer appears after I turn sync back on. I believe everything is working correctly now. Basically, it looks like the solution is to completely reboot your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2015 Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: I restarted my computer and went through the exact same process outlined above and now it looks like it resolved itself; the error message no longer appears after I turn sync back on. I believe everything is working correctly now. Basically, it looks like the solution is to completely reboot your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines