• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create public links this morning?

Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried to share a file from CC but can't... is it just me?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Is there some error message you receive?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No messages. Nothing. thanks for the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info... not much use to my team. Because folders we have been sharing for the last year are now broken...

See attached:

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 10.01.40.png

Clicking the remove the link does nothing... ; /

There must be something wrong your side Adobe... we have shared (created last month) links to clients now that are now not working this morning...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Sheena.

It's obvious that Public links are working correctly - we have public links we created a month ago not working this morning... ; (

I've had to instruct me my team of 11 peeps to use their free DropBox accounts as they all have the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would advise you to Contact Customer Care to report the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to contact customer care for 20 minutes. Are we sure this isn't a much wider issue? Sounds like multiple users are effected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. You can use Document Cloud currently to send links to files if you have it. Downside is you have to upload them there so you may as well use DropBox whilst they fix the problem. Don't really understand why there is two different systems anyway, but I suppose I do.  It allows them to leverage more money.

You'd have though that with the CC desktop App should send out a notification when they decide to do maintenance, they bother you every time they update a plug-in via the CC desktop app. I'd have thought that it would be mandatory to have a button in all the online CC and DC services to report a problem directly from the interface and not to have to go off to the forums desperately searching for how to report a problem, but may be that's just me.  I have only been doing this for 45 years now so what do I know.

Good luck anyway and lets hope they fix this very soon.

Pat Doyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat!

When CC is working it's lovely... but when it's not it's a bit of a mare.

Dave x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Couldn't agree more.  If I hadn't kept my subscription to Adobe SendNow going so I had the Document Cloud option I'd have been pretty stuffed this morning as files had to be in the Far East for packaging.  As an independent CC is pretty much now indispensable. Doesn't stop me moaning when I see a company the size of Adobe omitting to use the very technology they developed, whilst constantly evangelising about how we should be adopting and using it.

Still in that respect they aren't unique. After 8 months of testing by over 5 million insiders and repeatedly being told that their proposed policy of mandatory driver updates had the potential to cause major issues with OEM driver distribution.  What did they do, just ignore everyone and go ahead regardless. Simply made themselves look extremely stupid, if you use nVidia cards as most graphic artists do, you simply had to circumvent their upgrade roll-out and hack the system yourself to install Windows 10.

I've worked with lots of these companies and in most cases they get the big picture, but invariably miss the small details. I'm constantly telling clients its the small issues that are the very thing that will either make or break the user experience and their perception of you as a company.  Must admit though I usually receive the blank confused stare in response.

anyway lets hope its sorted soon and Adobe learn from the experience, won't hold my breath though.

Cheers,

Pat Doyle x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This JIng capture will show you want it does:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/237102/no_share.swf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem, located in London. There are no error messages or workarounds that we can find but will post if we get them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, if I find a solution I'll post it.

Right now, we'll have to use DropBox to share files (again)... ; /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot do this either and neither can my 3 team members

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe issue I think... something broken their side...

I'm having to use DropBox again.... ; /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Since yesterday evening. Can´t share a link.

(Old links are also no longer available.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been told after getting through to Adobe, that there is maintenance being done to one of their servers and they anticipate 4-5 hours to resolve. 45 minutes on the phone for my team member to hear that. It would be nice if Adobe had emailed us or even answered us to that effect in this forum.

psst. Adobe, service issue emails please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey!! 4-5 Hours to fix...!!!

Agree it would make sense if Adobe issued 'Service Updates' to CC... because now I'm having to copy my files to DropBox to create alternative public links for my clients to use... PR dept will be busy today... ; /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it incredible that maintenance to ONE server could result in such an occurrence.  Something doesn't smell right here and my BS alarm is flashing wildly.

If I were sitting at a board meeting within Adobe and someone bleated that as the cause for this problem, I'd fire them for gross incompetence.  No one on this side of an alternate reality could convince me that Adobe Systems rely solely on one server to maintain and manage the sending of files through CC.  It simply couldn't happen?

Or you know what, may be it could.

Pat Doyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support gives now stupid answers in Chat. the problem ist still not solved and they won't give an answer thats their problem.

Detlef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Detlefk,

Well at least you got through to chat lol.  My ISP's idea of support when there is a problem is to switch off the phone lines, terminate the chat service and close down the mail servers. Hoping the problem will fix itself and no one notices and if they do and raise questions about the issue to deny it ever existed.

Adobe aren't unique in this respect, Microsoft are now by far the most guilty of this practice. Every public statement they make is so ambiguous as to rely absolutely nothing to the user. Its done completely on purpose of course. No large corporation can now give any end user a clear and decisive answer to any query raised in connection with any service because they believe it implies that they have taken a position with respect the query and leaves them open to litigation. They have all simply adopted plausible deniability as their best defence.

Sadly this means for the most part they will never provide you with a clear statement to any problem you may have with respect any service they provide.

Lets just hope for all our sakes they fix the issue, whilst maintaining their position that it ever happened.

Must have been in some alternate reality LOL

Cheers,

Pat Doyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(for your answer, Pat)

(for support handling)

Cheers,

Detlef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@detlefk - Please share the folder link with me in a forum Private Message. We will investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving this discussion to the File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines