• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save files in the Creative Cloud folder with Sync active

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening within the past few weeks. Whenever I save a file within the Creative Cloud directory, or any of it's subdirectories, I get this error:

"Could not save '<filename>' because the file is already in use or was left open by another application."

If I try to save a file in a CC directory using non-Adobe software, I get:

"You don't have permission to modify files in this network location. Contact the administrator per permission to make these changes."

It's been driving me crazy. My initial solution was to save to desktop (or anywhere else on my HD) and drag the file back into the Creative Cloud location. Although that began to frustrate me very quickly. Eventually, I figured out if I pause Creative Cloud's file sync, files will save normally 100% of the time.

So, something happened recently where I can no longer have sync enabled whenever I save a file. What's weirder is this is not about overwriting existing files. I can't use "Save As" to save as new file names either. The exact same message appears, and I usually find a 0 byte TMP file within the CC directory.

So for now, I turn off file sync while working so I can save properly, and resume sync at the end of the day. This never used to be the case though. What happened?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Hi,

We have released the fix for the issue. It should have been updated automatically on your system. In case the core sync has not updated to version "3.0.3.6" on your machine then please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Creative Cloud Application

2. Sign out from Creative Cloud Application.

3. Sign in again with same or different credentials.

4. Wait for few minutes.

5. Creative Cloud will automatically update itself to latest version.

Kindly let me know if you are still facing any issue aft

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save only items on your HD when you put your files in a map, its after the update OS sierra 10.13.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on a Windows machine, and related to Creative Cloud sync being on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Any fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here, every bit of your description!

Hugely annoying.  Also running windows 10, no other software changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue, the issue is reproducible at our end as well. A temporary solution (if you don't use file sync) is to disable file sync from the Creative Cloud app preferences. The developers plan to release a hotfix for the issue very soon.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Puneet, please let us know when the hotfix is live so we can resume keeping file sync active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released the fix for the issue. It should have been updated automatically on your system. In case the core sync has not updated to version "3.0.3.6" on your machine then please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Creative Cloud Application

2. Sign out from Creative Cloud Application.

3. Sign in again with same or different credentials.

4. Wait for few minutes.

5. Creative Cloud will automatically update itself to latest version.

Kindly let me know if you are still facing any issue after the update.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this fix only for Windows machines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released new update for both Mac and Windows. Are you looking for any specific issue ?

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac and my colleagues are on Windows. I haven't had any issues, but they have been unable to save new files to Creative Cloud or use Incopy as usual for the last few weeks. My Creative Cloud is at version 4.5.0.331.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they tried signing out and signing back in ?

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It keeps trying to update and fails at 19% every time.  Gives me error 117.

I have logged out and logged back in a couple of times now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TIME for Paul,

Could you please try the suggestions here and let us know if they help? It looks like this error can be related to internet connectivity, firewall or anti-virus. Error 117 occurred during download

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Puneet, my Creative Cloud is at version 4.5.0.331. The CoreSync.exe file found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Sync\CoreSync is version "3.0.3.6" as you say it should be. When was this file pushed? My system shows it was updated back on 6/8/2018. Has the fix been live prior to your June 18th post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm I can save again while sync is active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I have to pause sync when saving a file. It's also annoying when auto save is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesn't work. I am on a Mac Pro running El Capitain with Creative Cloud 4.6.0.384 Sync is 3.1.0.8

This is also true on an Imac 27" 5k running High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines