• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the Creative Cloud Files folder be moved?

New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed CC.  The default location for the Creative Cloud Files folder is C:\users\name\Creative Cloud Files.  Can I move it to another location and still retain sync capabilities?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Yes.

From the Creative Cloud desktop application open the Preferences and switch from the General tab to Creative Cloud tab. Then switch from Apps to Files below that. Under Folder Location you can change it.

Screenshot 2015-05-13 13.56.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

From the Creative Cloud desktop application open the Preferences and switch from the General tab to Creative Cloud tab. Then switch from Apps to Files below that. Under Folder Location you can change it.

Screenshot 2015-05-13 13.56.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies to revive an old post - but I need to perform the same action for my organisation.

We currently use Adobe CC on Surface Pro's, which have limited storage. 

I would like to move the Creative Cloud Files folder to external USB SSD drives for 4x users.

(a) is the possible?

(b) if so, once the default location has been updated in CC Preferences, will it rebuild the CC files folder, or should I copy it to the external USB first?

Many thanks Adobe community (this is my first post)!

Keith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem but in 2022 these windows have already changed, where can I move everything? I would like all the creative cloud to an external disk since the internal one is very small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On newer versions of Creative Cloud desktop app select File\Preferences and open the "Syncing" tab to change the folder location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following on to what @DR_Bacon said, here's a screenshot of the current setting for changing the sync folder location for Creative Cloud:

change_folder_location.png.img.png

More info on this Adobe help page, if you need it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/set-sync-options.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines