• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can two different adobe accounts sync the same files?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out how to my client and I can use the InCopy/InDesign workflow using the adobe cloud storage. I get how the client can download the .indd files and open them in InCopy to edit, and upload it back to the cloud storage - but my question is - will that edited .indd file then sync to my hard drive copy of the file? Please confirm.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can do this using the file sync that is part of the Creative Cloud desktop application and the Collaborate option that is part of the Creative Cloud Files page at https://creative.adobe.com/files.

The file sync is on by default and creates a Creative Cloud Files folder in your user directory. Place a folder (not file) that you want to collaborate on in this folder (you can also create the folder from https://creative.adobe.com/files). Place the InDesign and InCopy files into this folder. From the Creative Cloud Files page select the Collaborate option. Alternatively from the Creative Cloud Files folder you can select the context menu for the folder of Creative Cloud > Collaborate which then launches your default browser and takes you to the option.

Help document:

Creative Cloud Help | Collaborate by sharing folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the real issue is that I don't seem to be able to sync InDesign. Illustrator syncs but not Photoshop nor InDesign. I've gone through the steps of clearing all settings, rebooting, reopening the apps, turning on sync now in the preferences, even using Terminal to put in a command, yet when I look at my app settings on www.creative.adobe.com on my account, it says that only Illustrator has synced settings. Am I confusing synced settings with syncing files? And how do I get InDesign and Photoshop to sync their settings?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mentioned the .indd file so I thought you wanted to do folder collaboration combined with file syncing.

You can not use the desktop sync settings feature as designed to share application settings between two accounts. This feature lets you share the application settings for one account between your two activated computers. You can clear the settings from this page in your browser: https://creative.adobe.com/appsettings. You will not be able to view these synced up settings from the browser (at https://creative.adobe.com/files).

That said you can upload the application settings yourself to a collaborated folder (or use Send Link to just share a read-only folder), and then the other account can place those files in the appropriate spot on their computer.

The InDesign and InCopy forums will be able to help you with the location of these application settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines