• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you add multiple files at once in CC Libraries?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of photos and graphics I'd like to upload in bulk to my CC libraries but Adobe seems to only let you do one file at a time.

I know throught the CC Files you can upload multiple, but can you do it with Libraries?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

It can be done with Photoshop. Here are the steps :

1. Create a new file of any dimension. It's not important.
  2. Locate your multiple files you want to include in your new library in finder or window explorer
  3. Select all the files and drag and drop them in you new file in Photoshop
  4. You'll have to commit transform (enter) for each files which can be done by keep pressing enter until done
  5. It will create 1 layer for each file
  6. In you Library panel locate at the bottom the "New library from document button"
  7. In th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For information about Libraries, see Creative Cloud Libraries.

moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://indesignsecrets.com/understand-current-limitations-cc-libraries.php

"To help reduce your frustration level as you try this new feature, I thought it would be helpful to explain some of the current limitations of CC Libraries:

3) Assets can only be added to a CC library one at a time. There is no way to multiple-select a number of styles or swatches at the same time."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been researching and combing PS CC docs and help pages for a few days and I can say thank god I found this thread I was going crazy...

So currently, the official process to be able to use your resources (a PNG file on my pc for example) in the library window in PS (with nice thumbnail previews, easy access, drag'n'drop etc) would be to:

1 Open PSCC

2 Drag/Open single PNG into PS document

3 Click "Add Graphic" inside the "Libraries" window.

2016-Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.jpg

And repeat for each file?

* On PS CS6 I used minibridge with the in-photoshop window visible ocuppying a big part of my second monitor... I simply selected a folder for miniBridge and there they where all my most used PNGs (for example)  with thumbnails etc to drag'n'drop and adding resources was just as easy as droping file into selected folder in miniBridge. In the end all this meant was that I had an in-photoshop way of viewing a chosen folder and easily dragging them into project. Obviously miniBridge did not have the sharing capacities that I think the new creative cloud libraries have but syncing miniBridge selected folder with dropbox would be as easy as it sounds even if I never needed to use it.

Forgive me because I know there must be a reason that I do not understand or something I'm missing but...

Why in the world is there no [ Copy / Move to Library ] option in the "Files" view in Creative Cloud?

Why does a file have to pass through PS to become an "asset" in my creative cloud "Library"?

Why is there a files view anyway? If I could "upload to library" or have a "Files" window displayed in-photoshop the problem would be solved. There is no reason not to... Is there?

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still appears to be an issue - I've been searching as well and have found no way to add multiple files to the CC Library.  It's really disappointing that the "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut in the OS file explorer is completely disconnected from the CC Library.  This is a feature that would improve the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. This would be really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is incredibly frustrating. A great feature but woefully cumbersome. I, for example, have gone out and shot say 100 pictures to add as texture files in the library. I have to open each one individually in PSCC and add one by one? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be done with Photoshop. Here are the steps :

1. Create a new file of any dimension. It's not important.
  2. Locate your multiple files you want to include in your new library in finder or window explorer
  3. Select all the files and drag and drop them in you new file in Photoshop
  4. You'll have to commit transform (enter) for each files which can be done by keep pressing enter until done
  5. It will create 1 layer for each file
  6. In you Library panel locate at the bottom the "New library from document button"
  7. In the dialog box chose Smart Objects
  8. Hit the button Create New Library.
  9. Voilà !

Hope it help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 512x512px file with 700+ layers crashes PS. My HD space goes from 150GB to 800kb in about a minute and a half. CC Libraries is super broken. Why isn't there just an upload files button in the web interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip.  Why isn't this described in the tutorial videos?  As a new user, it has been a waste of my time and it doesn't give me any confidence in Adobe products.  For the last hour I didn't realize what was happening until I deleted the only photo in my directory that was showing.  The add files selection wasn't showing any other folders that contained photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released a new update of Adobe Bridge (CC 2018) on 16 July 2018. The new version build number is 8.1.0.383. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This Bridge update contains support for CC Libraries, and allows to do a "Bulk upload of multiple files to CC Libraries". Please check the "Libraries" workspace after installing new version of Bridge CC.

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It works perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Bridge to "BULK" upload files into CC Libraries worked great. Was able to drag and drop multiple PNG files from finder folder directly into CC Libraries. Wish it would work the same way when dragging a group of selected Layers from Photoshop into Libraries. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines