• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you use Creative Cloud File sync (collab w/ team) in tandem with Dropbox for teams?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no problem with the first computer syncing all our dropbox files to the Creative Cloud. I then shared all those folders with our design team, but they are now having crazy syncing issues with Dropbox and Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud often crashes, hangs with long sync times, or tries to make duplicate folders.

Is there any way to sync both?

I need the rest of the company to access that Dropbox folder, but I only need the creative team to use the Creative Cloud functionality. If I can't get it to work with both, we'll have to go with Dropbox only.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after this working on my work station, we started populating other team member computers with Creative Cloud File sync. There was some issues with not all the files syncing, but by the end of the work day on Friday, we got everything to sync.

Fast forward to Monday morning... disaster.   75% of the files are gone. Some how one of the computers deleted random files and folders Friday night. The files were still in the CC file Archive and also preserved as a "Deleted" files on Dropbox. Neither of the file syncing services seemed to claim responsibility of the deletion, but I think Creative Cloud's sync was the culprit Dropbox didn't perceive it as one single delete action, but many. I've contacted Dropbox to have our Creative Cloud Files folder rolled back to the state is was in Friday before the deletion and have turned off Creative Cloud Sync on all the connected computer. Hopefully we can get all our files back.

As of now...

DO NOT USE CREATIVE CLOUD AND DROPBOX TO SYNC THE SAME FOLDER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kidhack,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Attempting to use two different sync clients at the same time targeted at the same source files definitely seems like a bad idea, and one which would cause problems.

I'm not sure how you would have lost your files, but can say attempting to log into different workstations with the same Adobe ID to replicate files can also be problematic, not sure if that's what you did or not. If you want to share files with team members its much better to have different team members all have different accounts/Adobe ID's and use the collaborate feature described here: Creative Cloud Help | Collaborate by sharing folders

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We were using our individual accounts and have CC team seats for all the members involved, although it definitely wasn't clear in the beginning that we needed to share files through CC for them to show up for all team members. Most of us expected that the files in one person's team account would be shared with all the other members.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines