• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add any assets to CC Libraries sometimes. Plus button greyed out.

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have occasionally faced this issue where I cannot add any assets to my CC libraries panel in either Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign. I can't find any forums that point to this exactly and have tried varies things like closing all Adobe programs, signing in and out of Creative Cloud, refreshing all CC process and such to no avail. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 2.08.27 PM.png

As you can see, the plus 'Add Content' button is greyed out regardless of any artwork being selected. Even when a shape is selected and I click any of these colours in my library, nothing happens.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only fix I have found that sometimes works is restarting my mac, but I don't want to have to do that every time I open any Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got a fix for this? I tried to add even on different days, nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering the same. Sometimes I can add/use/organize assets. Sometimes I can only use/organize but not add. Sometimes I can't use/add but I can organize (add folders). I experience this at work but don't have any issues at home. Our extremenly competent Tech staff does not know why and has said  he thinks "CC Libraries must not work well with networks" which I find odd as any changes I do at home are reflected at work. Adobe - Please HELP!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem today.Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.36.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here on new PC, must be a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was just me. My add content click is grayed out in Premiere Pro 2020. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Repaired Creative Cloud. Nothing. I am opening old projects and copy pasting. This is ridiculous! This post is originally from 2018!!! For what we pay for this sub this should be working reliably by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact issue, and it's 2023.... restarting, reinstalled and updated all apps - NOTHING. Thanks, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue today as well, seems to be a re-emerging bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bjorkli @lotjev99751304 

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a major problem for me and there is a way to do it - can't believe no one from Adobe has explained.

Go to Files
Go into your Library
View by 'type'
Then add your icons

This works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so it turns out this only works for me sporadically. I don't know why. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the problem occur when using more than one network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, no we only use one network.

Earlier, my above solution worked, then it stopped working, and suddenly I was able to add graphics directly into Libraries through drag and drop into Indesign Libraries again (which I was trying to do originally but it wouldn't let me, hence how I ended up on this thread). My solution is two jump between the two options it seems - and usually one or the other works. But it is just not consistent which makes a simple job time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Heather27915149idr0 

do you have a teams or enterprise subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also run into this pretty regularly. The only way I've found I can add stuff is through the Creative Cloud app. I can rarely add anything from the apps themselves which makes it very difficult to save things like lower thirds I've created IN the app. Incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

@Jesse29059101zpuq

We're sorry to hear about this. Could you please let us know more about the issue you're seeing? How are you trying to add assets to your libraries? Did you get any error while doing that? 

Please check this article and try the steps mentioned in it and let us know if that helps- https://adobe.ly/3TNGOrn

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines