• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Delete Files from the DELETE folder on Web

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are at 60% capacity on our storage and have years of "trash" in our deleted folder that we were not aware of. When I go to delete the items I keep receiving "cannot delete some assets permanently", but the warning does not give you any additional information.

It's important that we get these files cleared to open space, does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

I would like to say i can go through the assets one-by-one but there are at least 2800 files ;o)

Appreciate the help!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would hope someone would answer this soon. I am also having the same issue — except I'm completely OUT of space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reporting your issues.  Deleting a large number of files sometimes could run into problems.  Could you please try again and see you still get errors?

Thanks,

-Yukari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yukari — my issue seems to have resolved itself after a day or two, but not through the web browser. Many of the items that I tried deleting were synced back into the CC folder; after waiting at least one day and deleting them one more time through Finder on Mac, they stayed deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nlpdigitallab,

Thank you for the update.   Glad to hear that deletion from desktop worked for you.

Thanks again,

-Yukari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was struggling with the same issue.  Even though CC was telling me it could not delete assets, by some form of magic after 30 minutes of trouble shooting they were deleted.  Trust no one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sammyboy23​

Thank you for posting your comments.  Did you delete assets from web (https://assets.adobe.com)?  Even you got the error for deletion failures but assets were actually deleted?  Just wanted to confirm your experience.

Thanks,

-Yukari 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, yes the files did end up deleting even though the server never

told me that they were deleted. It said "assets cannot be deleted" every

time.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 1:03 PM Yukari Machiyama <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!  So you saw the error popup when you deleted assets in Deleted view but your assets were actually gone...  If you deleted many assets at one, it's possible that it took for a while going through all of them.

Let us know if you encounter problems again.

Thanks,

-Yukari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that must have been the issue.

Thanks!

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 2:32 PM Yukari Machiyama <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines