Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Core Sync using all available memory while open

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OSX 10.9.2

.. looks like there's a memory leak... Core Sync will consume all physical memory and then start paging until the machine hangs.  Sometimes it will dump memory to kernal_task, and the cycle will repeat.  Attempting to do anything but watch while CC is open pretty much guarantees a hard lockup.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dericks_csf,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Are you still seeing the behavior? Does signing out of the Creative Cloud app and back in again make any difference (Gear icon > Preferences > Account tab in the General section)? Can you check the version from the preferences just to ensure you have the latest release, 1.5.1.369?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having this issue since yesterday when i decided to move my creative cloud folder to an external drive instead of the default location.

core sync.app is writing swap files to /private/var/vm until my system hard drive fills up and the machine hangs

im on a mac pro (osx 10.9.5)

latest version of creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm using creative cloud version 1.8.0.447

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chappydboz,

I have opened a bug for your issue now on our systems. The bug number is 3838946. We will now work to replicate your issue and will be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chappydboz

Can you tell me how many sleep images you getting and how big are they?. If you disables sync on Creative Cloud do you still get as many sleep images and are they the same size?.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the swap files are each 1.07gb

they keep getting created in sequential numbers until the hard drive is full and the system locks up.

if i disable file sync while CC is still running, the swap files continue..

if i quit CC the swap files go away after about 30sec. 

its only after restarting CC with file sync already disabled that the swap files dont get created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chappydboz,

Thank you for the video you send me, I have now attached this to bug 3838946 I opened for you and we will have an engineer take a look.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Warner,

where do i view the status of this bug 3838946 that you mention?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The bug 3838946 is still being looked into. The status of bugs are not available to the public.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday I tried to upload a 3,11 GB (Prores mov) video file that I had to deliver to a client. After a while the Mac ran out of memory on the system disk. A lot of var/wm files were created and they took a lot of memory on the harddrive. I had to restart to fix this problem, but after a while it started again (and again). The only way to stop it from happening was to pause CC to sync. I'm using version 1.8.0.447, and my system is 10.8.5.

I feel a bit embarrased that I made my deadline for the video but could not get it delivered on time. Having 100 GB storage in the cloud is kinda unusable for me in this way. Hope it can be fixed soon!

Thank you,

Radek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We currently have an engineer looking into this issue as a priority. We hope to have some answers for you soon.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im currently getting the same issue seems core sync is writing to my hard disk up until i have 0 bytes left and the machine crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

Any chance your engineer has found a solution? Still same problem on my machine.

Thanks,

Grtz,

Radek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have no current updates for the bug 3838946 that was opened for this issue as yet.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues as well. As you can see I only had a few applications open. When I went into Activity monitor the Core Sync is out of the ballpark.

Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 12.04.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-31 at 11.05.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandy,

Can you confirm which version of Creative Cloud you are using?. Can you also tell me the specs of your Mac please?

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[cid:B339B5A5-B497-4543-999E-D87F3C8A04A1]

Sandy Gillette McBride

Bureau of Communications

Idaho Department of Fish and Game

sandy.mcbride@idfg.idaho.gov

208-287-2871

<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/75th>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandy,

Could you update to the latest Creative Cloud that was released this morning UK time and let me know if this solves the issue you are seeing?. This can be done automatically from the Creative Cloud application. Or can be downloaded from the link below.

Creative Cloud (1.9.0.465)

Download Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do.

Sandy Gillette McBride

Bureau of Communications

Idaho Department of Fish and Game

sandy.mcbride@idfg.idaho.gov

208-287-2871

https://fi<https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/content/pricelock>shandgame.idaho.gov/content/pr<https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/content/pricelock>icelock<https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/content/pricelock>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it seems to be working. Keeping my fingers crossed. Activity monitor shows it running at 0.1 percent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

Not sure how Sandy has gone, but just advising you that Adobe CC 1.9.0.465 still results in excessive memory usage when file sync is enabled, to the point that the host system freezes.

Some system details for you:

2011 Mac mini, 2.5 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dericks_csf,

Please update to the latest Creative Cloud version, this version includes various performance improvements, including memory consumption.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem (with latest version of Creative Cloud App), Core Sync is consuming 100s of GBs if left to run. Are the swap files that one of the respondents mentioned something I can delete. If so where do I locate them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the information, I have already raised an internal bug for this issue that we are currently investigating.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines