Highlighted

CC: Do deleted files go to the trash on every device?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm relatively new to CC so just a quick question which I hope can be resolved quickly!

I have an iMac (my main machine) and a Macbook Pro. A little while a go I deleted lots of files from my CC, to free up space. (I moved them to an external hard drive as I didn't want to permanently delete them). I did this on my iMac.

I have since noticed my Macbook Pro is running out of hard drive space, and I've just seen there's lots of files in the trash. A lot of them look to be the files from Creative Cloud. I did not put the files in the trash from my Macbook Pro though, so I was wondering: would they be the files I deleted on my iMac? Even though I deleted them from CC on the iMac, would they also go to the trash on my Macbook Pro? I just want to make sure files haven't mysteriously been sent to the trash on my Macbook Pro without my knowledge.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Sarah

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC: Do deleted files go to the trash on every device?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm relatively new to CC so just a quick question which I hope can be resolved quickly!

I have an iMac (my main machine) and a Macbook Pro. A little while a go I deleted lots of files from my CC, to free up space. (I moved them to an external hard drive as I didn't want to permanently delete them). I did this on my iMac.

I have since noticed my Macbook Pro is running out of hard drive space, and I've just seen there's lots of files in the trash. A lot of them look to be the files from Creative Cloud. I did not put the files in the trash from my Macbook Pro though, so I was wondering: would they be the files I deleted on my iMac? Even though I deleted them from CC on the iMac, would they also go to the trash on my Macbook Pro? I just want to make sure files haven't mysteriously been sent to the trash on my Macbook Pro without my knowledge.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Sarah

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?