• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC file is possessed! Please help

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my creative cloud files is behaving very strangely. It keeps moving between folders every second BY ITSELF causing a constant pop up saying the file has been updated.

I took a video because it has to be seen to be believed, anyone know what's going on here?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like it's trying to sync but never does.

open your cc desktop app and go to your cc web files:

kglad_0-1614870038522.png

see if you can "catch" it in the "CHECK OUT" folder or its parent and do something with it, eg delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to "catch" it, I opened it which stopped it moving about for me, but other people could still see it moving. I also tried deleting it but that just caused a red sync error for me and a repeated 'can't sync [file name]' message, but bizarrely other people could still see the file. I then tried restoring the file from my deleted items.

I also tried moving it to another folder, this seemed to stop the moving about but oddly it left the original file where it was before, plus the copy I moved into a different folder is still there.

For now mine appears to be resolved (apart from the random copy, but I'm just leaving that alone) however other users are still reporting issues, we have all turned off notifcations so we can at least escape the annoying popups, but this is not an ideal solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

do you have the recent cc desktop update (5.4.1.534)?

if so, you could change your local sync folder and see what that does. (i doubt it would make things worse, but it could so you might want to leave well-enough alone.)

if not, wait until that update rolls-out to you and see if that "fixes" the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines