CC keeps adding "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut to sidebar, last position

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2015 has added "Creative Cloud Files" to the Finder Sidebar in OS X as the last item in the Sidebar.

This is not a bad thing once.

But if it is moved to a different place in the list (such as where we used to have it with our other cloud services) or if it is removed from the sidebar, the CC agent will replace it into the last position.

This does not meet with our software deployment strategy guidelines.

How may we disable this?

Thank you very much,

Ross

Hi Ross and to all of the others that have posted on this thread!

Firstly we are sorry that you have experienced some pain and when you feel pain we feel that pain too.

Many thanks for your feedback its really important to us that we get this information from a wide range of sources as this helps us determine how important this issue is.

We are fixing this as I am writing this reply and this fix will go out in the very next release, so bear with us!

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC keeps adding "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut to sidebar, last position

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2015 has added "Creative Cloud Files" to the Finder Sidebar in OS X as the last item in the Sidebar.

This is not a bad thing once.

But if it is moved to a different place in the list (such as where we used to have it with our other cloud services) or if it is removed from the sidebar, the CC agent will replace it into the last position.

This does not meet with our software deployment strategy guidelines.

How may we disable this?

Thank you very much,

Ross

Hi Ross and to all of the others that have posted on this thread!

Firstly we are sorry that you have experienced some pain and when you feel pain we feel that pain too.

Many thanks for your feedback its really important to us that we get this information from a wide range of sources as this helps us determine how important this issue is.

We are fixing this as I am writing this reply and this fix will go out in the very next release, so bear with us!

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2015 2
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2015 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question about the reappearing sidebar shortcut—how can it be removed, permanently? And no, I do not want to disable file syncing...I just want the shortcut to disappear!?!?!?!? This is ridiculous. No matter how many times I remove the "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut favorite from OS X Finder sidebar, it keeps reappearing every time I restart my computer. Nothing short of malware. Please advise and provide a fix please. This began happening with the latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop for Mac. This should be a choice for users—not forced upon us. I rarely use Creative Cloud Files for much of anything, and I know where the folder is if I need it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2015 5
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer???  This extremely annoying   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2015 1
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I too am experiencing this nuisance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2015 4
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here; I don't want Adobe messing with my sidebar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2015 5
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is aggravating. It's like finding a small pebble in your shoe, stopping at a park bench and shaking the shoe until the pebble falls out. Then, walking on, only to find the exact same pebble has somehow rematerialized in your shoe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2015 6
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same sh*t to me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2015 3