CC Libraries — File does not exist / is in use / don't have access — Problem

New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just today i received the problem that i wanted to pull an .ai file from the libraries into an InDesign document and it gives me this error message (german, sorry)

"File does not exist / is in use / don't have access"

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-14 um 11.02.53.png

The file is neither of the mentioned issues. I even can open and edit it in Illustrator and view it on the website library.

Also, InDesign suddenly tells me that certain library files, already used in other documents, do not exist anymore when i open the document.

What can we do?

Cheers

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andreas,

I had a few questions and was wondering if you could do some comparative testing regarding this issue. Could you try these or provide more info?

- Do you get the error regardless of which InDesign document you attempt to add it to? If you attempt to drag it into a newly created InDesign document do you get the same error?

- Does having Illustrator closed at the time when trying to drag it into InDesign make any difference?

- Could you create a new library, add the Ai file to the new library, then attempt to drag this version into an InDesign doc again. Does the error occur in this case too?

- Does it occur for all Illustrator files added to the library or just specific ones?

- Are the Libraries which this is occurring one's which are collaborated with others?

Please get back to me when you get the chance.

Cheers,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines