• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Libraries not syncing problem - My solution

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frustratingly spent several hours trying to get my CC Libraries to appear yesterday but was always greeted with the initialization error.

After following Adobe's recommendations here...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-libraries-panel-doesn-t-load-in-desktop-pro...

...and uninstalling, reinstalling, booting and rebooting, nothing worked.

But I eventually found a solution that worked for me:

1. Make sure to quit any individual CC applications (I think Adobe CC was still running)

2. I turned off all network connections (wired and wireless)

3. I started the Adobe apps that I wanted to use

4. Libraries appeared

5. I turned on my network connections

Don't know if this will work for everyone but thought I'd share to help the community. As a long time customer, I find it very frustrating. And seeing past cries for help, I realize I'm not the only one.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a lot of bad luck with all the syncing features also. Differences in size between what's on my computer and what's in the cloud, yet it says 100% sync. Errors during sync, that when I just simply restart the same sync batch, those errors disappear and new ones arise, until eventually it all syncs... very frustrating indeed.

I've asked for help on the issue, no responses. Very frustrating!

I will try your solution next time.

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your solution Troy. That is definitely strange that that would have worked. The libraries panel is dependent on the internet connectivity to load and keep the content within the library panel up to date. I'm not sure why temporarily disabling and re-enabling it would help, but will remember this and suggest it as something for other to try too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back again with the same issue. This time none of the solutions have worked. Not sure what else to do.

I have noticed that if I login on my Mac, Libraries load fine. It seems to be an issue with the Windows version of CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue and still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Troy. The suggested Adobe solutions didn't work for me so I tried your method and disconnected from our network and turned off my wi-fi. My CC Libraries are appearing now in most of the applications. I'm still getting an error message in Indesign but I'm confident I'll get that one to work as well.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've googled and tried several fixes but this was relatively easy and worked for me. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the updated library sync fail fix:

update your os and cc desktop app and then restart your computer. 

if that fails, and you have a mac, grant disc access to your cc desktop app - system preferences > security & privacy > privacy > full disk access > cc desktop app (in the midst of this step if you see an alert about granting cc libraries disk access, allow it and you're dont)

if that fails proceed to the following steps: 

1. quit all Adobe related products
  2. kill all the CCLibraries processes in task manager (win)/activity montor (mac).
  3. Delete all folders that start with “CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_xx_xx_xx” in this location*
  4. Follow the steps of Solution 2 in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html 
WIN: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions
MAC: Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨CEP⁩ -> extensions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray! This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. It's stopped syncing again … and none of these solutions are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails and you have windows, open your control panel > add/remove programs > cc desktop app > repair

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a Mac, running the latest macOS (Sonoma) and I tried your first step on here and it fixed the sync error in the Creative Cloud app …

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 1.04.15 PM.png

… but it didn't fix the sync error in InDesign …

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 1.04.31 PM.png

To be honest, I'm hesititant to do the next step, which involves the complete uninstall of all Adobe apps, including preferences. That's rather drastic and time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines