Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library file Names on upload

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to upload files via PS and AI to a Library I have created in my CC account so they retain their file names? For example if I have a JPG or a logo in AI instead of dragging from within the app is there a way to upload via the finder (Mac OS) so the file name is retained or even better can this be done from within the app and the file name be retained?

Thanks,

Martin

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Hi Martin,

Currently there isn't way for library assets to retain their file properties like you describe. However, we are currently adding more functionality to the way that libraries work that will include features similar to what you're requesting. In the future libraries will include a local instances of library assets which will be usable outside of the Libraries panel. This as well as more options around folders and sub-folders for greater organization and management of library assets are s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Please see Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets to know about the process to save files from within the apps onto the cloud.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Thanks for your response.

I have had a read through the link and it doesn't really answer the question. Yes it shows how to upload files to my CC assets but not to my CC library's. There is an upload option under Actions when I am in my Files section but not from within a specific library. All the files in my library are named either as Artwork if I have uploaded from within AI or the layer name if I have uploaded from within PS unless I rename them?

Thanks,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration​ for expert help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Currently there isn't way for library assets to retain their file properties like you describe. However, we are currently adding more functionality to the way that libraries work that will include features similar to what you're requesting. In the future libraries will include a local instances of library assets which will be usable outside of the Libraries panel. This as well as more options around folders and sub-folders for greater organization and management of library assets are some of the features currently being developed. I can't when they will be available, but these features are on the way.

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, I look forward to these features.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena.

Just to clarify have you moved my question to a more appropriate place?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes That's right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish this was available as well. It's a pain importing a bunch of assets into a library and then having to go one by one and type in each name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines