• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library.. great way to lose all your assets across all backups in all locations. THanks.

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworkers couldn't use one of my PSDs because some of the smart objects were linked to my CC account so they couldn't access them.  It's a big company and these assets needs to be usable forever down the line. 
So I see that I have this library crap turned on, so i delete my library to get the linked files outta there and was just gonna grab a different document to take these same graphics from. I have this working file backed up on 3 drives across 2 computers.   
Now my ORIGINAL working file on a DIFFERENT DRIVE,  the file that i created the graphics in from scratch,  is all just full of broken links.

AM I SCREWED?  Adobe just downloaded and locked all of my graphics? And when I deleted a library from an un-important working file, it just deleted them from every other PSD i've used them in?!??!     I DON'T WANT TO USE THIS CRAP, AND I DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO STEAL THEN DELETE MY WORK.

How do I get these graphics back??  Or at least, how to i UNLINK the smart object??  It's still high-def, and I'd rasterize it and drop it in here except it won't even let me transform, edit, or anything.    

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Hi Danimal519,

Sorry to hear about what happened. Maybe you could get them back from the Library archive online? Please see this article for the info: Photoshop: Ability to recover deleted items in Libraries panel | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Danimal519,

Sorry to hear about what happened. Maybe you could get them back from the Library archive online? Please see this article for the info: Photoshop: Ability to recover deleted items in Libraries panel | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines