Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC library - group or type views

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all.

The following query relates to workstations running the High Sierra OS and InDesign CC 2019, though I believe that it is not specific to these versions.

Some of our staff have been seeing a nagging issue, where the two different view options: "View by Group" or "View by Type" are not presented in their CC Library's panel.

This behaviour exists in all Adobe apps that present the CC libraries - though they mainly use these libraries within InDesign.

( I started a thread in the InDesign forum, but it was suggested that the good folk here may be of more familiar with this behaviour )

The issue is not specific to a particular library. Those effected find this behaviour with their CC Library's panel in general.

I haven't been able to find any mention of this behaviour when searching online.

I have tried clearing out InDesign's preferences.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the InDesign app. Clearing all previous application preferences.

Though I imagine that the CC Library data is not held within InDesign, as these libraries are of course shared across Adobe's applications.

I have run a repair re-install on the Adobe CC app.

I am now looking for some advice on what else to try. Hopefully someone else has seen this behaviour before and can point me in the right direction.

As an example, there are two screen grabs below.

How my copy of InDesign's CC Libraries panel appears, which is what is expected:

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 5.58.49 pm.png

Though here is what a few of our staff are currently seeing:

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 6.04.56 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?