Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library Permissions

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the issue with my CC Libraries. I can see all my colors, text and shared graphics but when I try to drag a graphic out of the box to use it I see a error message that reads the following:

Either the file does not exist, you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by another application.

I share this particular library with a couple of people in my company but I've never come across this issue. I am using the latest CC InDesign program. Funny thing, there are some of the graphics from the CC library that are already placed on some of my spreads and they're fine to manipulate and then there are a couple that show up as missing links? This is happening in several of my InDesign files. Not just one project. Any advice? Has anyone else had this issue before?

Oh and I have both exited the InDesign program and turned it back on as well as signed out and back into my CC account.

[Moved... Creative Suites forum is for OLD software up to CS6... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this problem right now in Indesign CC 2018. Yesterday it all worked fine, now I can't place the objects. But if I right-click an object and select "Edit", it shows up in a new document, which means the object files are not missing.

Suspicion: they may not really been saved by snippets (or whatever ID saves here), but held in some cache.

Next fail: if I delete the objects from the library and insert them again, I can also instantly place them. But once I close my document and ID, then reboot the PC, start ID again, it's the same as in the beginning. The objects can't be placed anymore. Bug. Like the topic starter said, this seems to have never worked at all.

P. S. Why has this topic been moved to this forum? This is not about file hosting or synching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines