• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC stopped syncing; unstalled CC SUITE. No joy

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Photoshop CC 2018 threw an error upon launch about an extension that appeared to be unsigned. This was new as I'd been using the extension for some time. However, I deleted the extension and, not long after, I noticed my files and fonts weren't showing in CC. All I got was a spinning circle. I also noticed that Under Creative Cloud Files Sync On/Off, the checkbox for Creative Cloud Sync was grayed out.

Long story shorter, I completely removed the entire suite using the CC Cleaner Tool from Adobe. I further went through and deleted every Adobe folder I could find, hidden and otherwise.

I reinstalled creative Cloud and before I started installing the CC Apps, looked at preferences. The Creative Cloud Sync checkbox is still grayed out, as is the folder location.

Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clayton,

A few questions to better understand:

• What operating system are you using?
  • Did you happen to catch the name of the extension you removed? Did it reappear after the reinstall?

My inclination regarding that you may need to work with our support directly to do a manual installation of the CoreSync component. It should be reinstalled automatically when you reinstalled the Creative Cloud app but something is inhibiting this.

You might try the install from a newly created admin account and see if that makes any difference if that isn't something you've tried. If that doesn't help I'd suggest contacting our support directly. They can connect to your computer and help you troubleshoot. If you sign in with your membership ID from this link http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6 and select Creative Cloud > Photoshop > Download and Install and click the blue "Show me my contact options" button at the bottom they should be able to help you either via phone or chat.

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be incomplete. I'm on Windows 10 with a very capable laptop. The extension that threw the error was timetracker (that's all I remember).

As of now, this is what I have done:

I have completely removed everything adobe from my system, scanned the registry and removed adobe. I have created another user/administrator profile, tried reinstalling creative cloud. I installed some of the CC apps (photoshop, indesign, dreamweaver and illustrator). Creative Cloud Sync was still unchecked in the CC app.

I uninstalled the CC app and reinstalled. Still now joy, and as of this morning, when trying to launch Photoshop, I get the error message

Configuration error. Please uninstall and reinstall the product. If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error:16

http://www.adobe.com/support

So, I have no clue what's going on, but I'm three steps away from completely blasting the entire computer and starting over. And this really shouldn't be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Clayton,

Sorry to hear about all your difficulties.

Configuration error 16 usually points to some kind of permissions issue

Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud

Although a clean install is a lot of work, I'm sure that would fix it. It might also be worth testing installations using Windows hidden built in admin account to see if that makes any difference too.

How To Enable Hidden Administrator Account In Windows 10

Also, like I mentioned before. It might be worth contacting support and having them take a look too.

Hope you get it sorted

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have literally scoured my computer removing everything I can find. Took control/permission of folders to delete them. Removed every hidden everything...

Reinstalled Creative Cloud, and no matter what I do, i can't get Creative Cloud Sync to stay checked. When I do check it below, after a few seconds, I get a popup that says Creative Cloud is restarting with a progress bar. The original Preference dialog remains open, however. It sits for a few seconds, seemingly unresponsive, and then allows me to click on Apps, File, Fonts, etc. When I click on the latter two, I just get the spinning circle. Then, if I clock on the elipse to get to preferences, Creative Cloud Sync is once again unchecked...

PLEASE someone help me. I don't want to reinstall my entire operating system because of Adobe Creative Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same problem, creative cloud manager preferences screen looks exactly the same as this screen shot. when I check the box to sync the manager crashes and restarts. I'm on Windows 7 and I used the ACCleaner app and reinstalled without any changes. Cannot select a folder location and the whole Apps location and Files location had me totally confused. When I reinstalled the manager the first time I changed the Apps folder location on accident to where my Creative Cloud Files were but upon second reinstall I fixed that and updated Photoshop and can confirm it's installing Apps in the correct location but Folder Location still all jacked up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try renaming the CoreSync and Coresynextension folder  from the mentioned location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Before that you need to close all the applications of Adobe and end all the tasks related to Adobe and CC from task manager, and relaunch the applcation.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines