• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Sync works for some files, but not others.

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several photoshop files open. In one the CC libraries have synced and loaded without a problem. In the other I get a library based on a different document. When I click sync it says that all libraries are up to date.  When I click View on Website it tyakes me to my libraries which are all there except the on from the document that isn't loading all the libraries. In other word the document knows where to look for the missing libraries--it just won't load them. I've tried signing in and ut of the cloud and my ID account but nothing changes. There are several items in my libraries I need to work for the file that won't sync. I have syncing turned on, but despite the fact that I've had it turned on for months none of my files have downloaded to the designated folder. I am on deadline and I need a quick workaround and if possible a solution that doesn't require re-installing Photoshop. CC and Photoshop are up to date.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bludgeonsbest,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I'm not sure I understand exactly but maybe this helps

Questions:

• Are the items which are missing from the document visible in the Library panel within Photoshop? Note you can switch between different Libraries at the top of the panel
  • Do the missing items in the document have a broken links on the layers with the missing items? If they do, you might be able to re-link them by right clicking on the layer and choosing the Relink to Library Graphic option.

If you continue to have difficulties you might want to work with our support directly, you can contact them here
Contact Customer Care

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Are the items which are missing from the document visible in the Library panel within Photoshop? Note you can switch between different Libraries at the top of the panel

In the documents that have missing libraries there is only one choice "My Library" and that seems to be compiled from the current document. Clicking the sync button brings up the message that "all libraries are up to date." However, when I go to "View on website" the assets page comes up with the three libraries that I created--it makes no sense to me that PS doesn't sync with these libraries but still go straight to them when when view on website is chosen. I have had sync enabled in CC for quite some time and it never seems to work, except when it does. As I noted, there are some files where the proper library do show up.

• Do the missing items in the document have a broken links on the layers with the missing items? If they do, you might be able to re-link them by right clicking on the layer and choosing the Relink to Library Graphic option.

They don't have any warnings on the layers. They load but library is still missing, so I'm unable to access other elements. Photoshop recognize only my library in these files and it contains items from only one of the 25 files I'm working with. These are items I use only in that one file--the libraries that come up online contain elements I use on all 25.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that definitely doesn't sound normal not having access all of the different Libraries available within the panel. So long as you're logged in under the same account both online and in the panel should match

This is what I see

Couple more questions?

• Have you tried restarting the computer?
  • Do you have all the updates installed for Photoshop?
  • Do you have any other products installed you could check the libraries in that products library panel -  Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, etc.
  • Does signing out of your Adobe ID from the Help menu (and back in again) from within Photoshop make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Have you tried restarting the computer?

Yes, multiple times.

• Do you have all the updates installed for Photoshop?

Yes and CC.

• Do you have any other products installed you could check the libraries in that products library panel -  Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, etc.  

Illustrator shows a library that Photoshop built from a recent file, but that library is not one that I saved and when I click view on website it takes me to the libraries I have saved but which are still not syncing with my Adobe products. I've had to go back through my files and relink to the originals on my hard drives. Pressing sync in AI gives me the same "libraries are up to date." And yet it still links to the libraries that it isn't syncing with. I've done the firewall check recommended in Help and got "upgrade needed." This isn't a response that matches with either of the responses that are suggested by Help. I disabled my firewall and went through the whole sign out, restart, checked all the settings and nothing changes.

•   Does signing out of your Adobe ID from the Help menu (and back in again) from within Photoshop make any difference?

Nope. There are two messages in the Help under the Pause file Syncing item--one says "0% of 2 GB", and the other says "All files up to date." If that means that I'm using 0% of my 2GB why are my libraries full of my files?

I am a little perturbed that after I spent several weeks messing with this and finally had to go back and relink my asset files that the mod decided to mark this solved. She obviously didn't read the posts, just noted the lag in my response. While I appreciate your continued effort, I don't consider this solved at all. Thanks.

PS--I'm curious as to why the Assets pages seem to be Flash based. I'm also wondering if I'm missing some way of seeing files size online--I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near 2GB (but also not at 0%) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional info. Sorry to hear you had to go back and relink things manually. I'm wondering if I logged in as you if I would be able to reproduce the issue. Would you be okay with me changing your password temporarily so I could see if I get the same issue as you? I'll send you a private message telling you want I change your password to while I test, and I'd let you know when I was done testing, after which you'd need to change it back to what it was originally? Would that work? Also, it might be easier to work with support directly. It sounds like you've tried most of the common solutions. I can make arrangements for someone to contact you to assist too.

I changed the thread back to no correct answer, not sure what happened there.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed,

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines