• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC sync

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have begun the sync process for Files and Typekit but it is slowing the Mac to such an extent that I can barely use it - can that be right?

Ian

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this problem. I got the early access email last night and I turned syncing on my Mac back on. It is far, far too aggressive. It takes over all bandwidth. I cannot retrieve mail or browse the web while a CC sync is taking place. I don't have this problem with Dropbox or Crashplan. CC syncing is not usable in this state. I can't stop all other work while waiting for CC file syncing to finish.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now becoming a very irritating issue now as it has spent 2 hours going throught sync process and has now started all over again. I appreciate being selected to try this early but Adobe you need to do something about this fast - I can't keep taking "Continental" lunch breaks so as to allow it to do its thing!!!

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone from Adobe is monitoring this because I've had enough of my computer being dominated by the CC sync and am turning it off - that's 12 hours now and it's just started again. Take it down and sort it out!

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Firstly, let me apologise for the behaviour you're experiencing.  In order to understand what is occuring here, and identify the root cause, it would be great if you can share some further information with me, as well as log files.

Please email me directly on djack@adobe.com with the following:

Approx number of files you're syncing?

Approx size of data you're syncing?

How many insances of the Core Sync process are running and what % CPU are they using?

Does manually lowering the bandwidth settings using Preferences/Files/Transfer Speed affect performance?

Please send the log files locatated at -

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

(use the Go To Folder option from the Go option in Finder (menu at the top).  Then in the pop up enter:

/users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

Then select go, this will take you to the folder containing the .log files.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't locate the CoreSync

Ian

---

Ian Bennett

Lecturer

Department of Communication, Film and Media,

Anglia Ruskin University,

East Road,

Cambridge

CB1 1PT

ian.bennett@anglia.ac.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac

Ian

---

Ian Bennett

Lecturer

East Road,

Cambridge

CB1 1PT

ian.bennett@anglia.ac.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be willing to join me in a connect session?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Ian

---

Ian Bennett

Lecturer

East Road,

Cambridge

CB1 1PT

ian.bennett@anglia.ac.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect.  I'll email you the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason you're having problems finding the CoreSync folder is because your user Library file is hidden by default on the Mac.

/users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

Here's one way to reveal it: In the Finder, hold down the Option key, and choose Go > Library. Then you can fine the path to CoreSync folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - sorted now.

Ian

---

Ian Bennett

Lecturer

East Road,

Cambridge

CB1 1PT

ian.bennett@anglia.ac.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, can't find CoreSync

Ian

---

Ian Bennett

Lecturer

East Road,

Cambridge

CB1 1PT

ian.bennett@anglia.ac.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try adjusting the file sync preferences. I didn't know they existed and they are currently set at 100% for both upload and download.

I'll also email you with the extra info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too received early access to font and file sync. The specific problem I have been observing is that, on my Mac, in the Activity Monitor utility, I have noted that a second instance of the Core Sync process opens, and this second instance runs the cpu at 100%, slowing the Mac mini down and causing it to heat up. This is the only thing that makes the little bugger heat up, not even heavy duty editing in Photoshop or Illustrator causes this. I cure the problem temporarily by quiting the 2nd Core Sync process, but in time it starts again, with the CPU being driven to 100% by the second Core Sync process.

When I turn file and font sync off this problem goes away, but this is disappointing because I was rather excited about having access to typekit fonts. I will turn it back on in the next few days, and will send you logs, as this sure seems like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have found the problem - there were conflicting file issues (it doesn't seem to like tiff files withe same name as jpg's) - removed the offending articles and all is now well.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for the update.  Can you still send me the log files, as well as details of how many files you noticed had the same name/diff extension?  I'd like to look in to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes will do that - give me half an hour to get up - running a bit late this morning!

Ian

---

Ian Bennett

Lecturer

East Road,

Cambridge

CB1 1PT

ian.bennett@anglia.ac.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines