• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC syncs same files over and over?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2.63 GB folder full of files I want to transfer.

I tried to Zip it but the resulting Zip file was too big; CC apparently has the same filesize limit as the free services? Disappointing; I've made single PSB files larger than 2 GB.

So I copied over the whole folder to the Creative Cloud Files folder, scheduled my computer to wait 8 hours before shut off (it was going to take 6 hours) and left for Thanksgiving.

When I got back it wasn't done yet, some files were synced but not all. It says "Syncing file # of 33", still going to take from 1 to 8 hours. Every day I start up my computer, let it sync all day, and at the end of the day it still says "Syncing file # of 33." I've checked it often over the last few days, it has been up to "file 22 of 33" with 1 hour left, but it always resets back to "Syncing file 1 of 33" with 6+ hours remaining. Over the course of today it doesn't seem to have synced a single file to another computer.

Bottom line, I've been running it 3 days and even leaving the machine on at nights. The thing is supposedly "syncing" but I still haven't managed to transfer the measly 2.63GB. I've paused / restarted repeatedly as I sometimes need the bandwidth its using up. I could have shipped a jump drive across the country by now if I knew it was so incapable. I feel duped by this system, I need something that actually makes collaboration easier.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Hi,

Could you try and remove the two files that are causing an issue, once we can verify what two files it is we can go from there. Did you send in your log files? details above..

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, I've been trying to use WeTransfer.com today on a different workstation in a different state and it is sticking at 0% or 33%. Since both Creative Cloud and WeTransfer are hosted at Amazon, maybe something is malfunctioning with those servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, we will certainly investigate further for you. In order to further understand the behaviour you are experiencing, can you please provide the following details?

Adobe ID:

Forum nickname:
Forum post link:
Creative Cloud Desktop Version:
What Operating systems are you using:
Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
Using a proxy (Y/N):
Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):
Specific file or folder names that are affected:
Timezone of your computer:
How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:
Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:

A detailed description of your issue:

Please send us your log files to enable us to better understand your issue.  You can do this by installing and running the log collection tool following the instructions on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Please email the logs to syncforum-communication@adobe.com

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed the logs and answers as best I could. I have not been using the file sync service at all meanwhile as unpausing it results in losing all my bandwidth without the benefit of actually moving any files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Checking over you logs indicates some server issues.

1. The sync server request timed out or the server was unavailable

Were you able to fix this issue yourself? Did files sync ever finish?.

Some suggestions would be to remove all of your files from Creative Cloud Files then re add them. Another method would be to remove the file sync db and start a fresh to see if the same issue happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted all files and re-added them and will report back on if this has fixed the issue. File sync has not worked since my first post December 3rd, though I generally have it paused.

Currently says "Syncing file 6 of 44 (3 hr left)."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working. Here' how it looks to me:

Feb. 1 2016

3:02 PM - Syncing file 5 of 44 (5 hr left)

4:58 PM - Syncing file 20 of 44 (1 hr left)

6:06 PM - Syncing file 30 of 44 (57 min left)

7:09 PM - Syncing file 1 of 35 (4 hr left)

When I checked the folder in Finder only 2 files had the checkmark icon, about 21 MB total. One file now has a red alert icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me what the file is called that was unable to sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late responses, I'm getting no email notifications from this forum.

I don't remember which file had the red icon and I'm guessing I would have to wait 4+ hours to try to sync them all again for it to show up again. Folder currently looks like the attached screenshot, the 2 files that actually synced are selected.

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 8.59.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started testing again today with syncing very small numbers of files.

2 files - worked

3 files - worked

4 files - worked

5 files - 2 failed to sync

My network is using OpenDNS to filter domains, could this be related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you try and remove the two files that are causing an issue, once we can verify what two files it is we can go from there. Did you send in your log files? details above..

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines