Highlighted

CCLibrary, AdobeGCCClient memory leak on Mac OSX Sierra

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since attempting to install the latest version of Photoshop 2017, I've had memory problems leading to an almost complete slow-down of my Mac. Looking at the Activity Monitor memory usage results, there are several processes associated with CC that are grabbing massive amounts of memory, in gradually incrementing chunks over the period of about fifteen minutes, at which point the machine becomes unusable. It also resulted in an incomplete install of Photoshop (98%), which couldn't be uninstalled as the uninstall process freezes. Catch 22. All other CC applications I've tried freeze during launch, all non-Adobe applications behaving normally.

I've had to do a Time Machine restore to a known working point to rectify this, but needed to get to the bottom of the problem. Trying an update to Lightroom yesterday resulted in similar problems, so yet another restore is the only way out, as uninstall routines don't work.

Any suggestions would be very welcome, as would questions as this is a two-way process. If I can help out with anything then so much the better.

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 12.24.59.jpg

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CCLibrary, AdobeGCCClient memory leak on Mac OSX Sierra

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since attempting to install the latest version of Photoshop 2017, I've had memory problems leading to an almost complete slow-down of my Mac. Looking at the Activity Monitor memory usage results, there are several processes associated with CC that are grabbing massive amounts of memory, in gradually incrementing chunks over the period of about fifteen minutes, at which point the machine becomes unusable. It also resulted in an incomplete install of Photoshop (98%), which couldn't be uninstalled as the uninstall process freezes. Catch 22. All other CC applications I've tried freeze during launch, all non-Adobe applications behaving normally.

I've had to do a Time Machine restore to a known working point to rectify this, but needed to get to the bottom of the problem. Trying an update to Lightroom yesterday resulted in similar problems, so yet another restore is the only way out, as uninstall routines don't work.

Any suggestions would be very welcome, as would questions as this is a two-way process. If I can help out with anything then so much the better.

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 12.24.59.jpg

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2016 0

Have something to add?