• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CCXProcess.exe - Do I need two at startup?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am trying to clear up clutter and improve speed on my Windows 10 laptop. I noticed that I have two executable files that launch at startup named "CCXProcess.exe"

These both utilize system resources. Can I delete one or the other safely? Any downside to disabling them both from autolaunching?

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Certainly! I faced a similar issue with my system. To resolve it, I recommend disabling one "CCXProcess.exe" at a time from startup using the Task Manager's Startup tab. If there are no adverse effects after each disablement, you can choose to keep one or both disabled for improved performance without deleting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this too and was wondering the same thing. In my list of apps that launch on startup - one is called CCXProccess.exe and has a sketchy present with a bow icon and the other one is called CCXProcess (no .exe) and has the adobe creative cloud icon and it has Adobe Systems Incorporated under it... What is the deal?!

ccxprocess screen cap.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. I'm trying to lower my Startup Impact levels and I'm not sure if I need them both at Startup.

Task Mgr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCXProcess

CCXProcess is a background process that supports Adobe Creative Cloud applications to provide dynamic content including tutorials, stock templates and filters.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above reply does not clarify the difference between the two startup files. It only describes the functionality. On a Mac, I have the same issue and would like to verify that the second file is, indeed, Adobe certified and not some invasive bug disguising itself. I don't know where the file came from except to say that it showed up, this morning, in a Notification from the System, and after an internet search, I was lead to this Support link. For the short term, I've turned it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @zephuros I think it's legit.  I also got a popup from my Mac Studio (macOS 13.2.1) notifying me that a background item was added.  When I looked in the login items list, I have Adobe Creative Cloud and CCXProcess listed.  I turned it off.  I could care less about tutorials, stock templates, and filters as I'm only using Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry was going to edit my post, but I can't.

Adobe really should clarify what they are adding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it took many months and we were lucky to finally get this, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be nice to label who the hell this process comes from, Adobe. Why on earth would anyone allow a background process from an unknown developer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bees? 

these are user-to-user forums.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent an email to the CEO.  That form had too many steps.  Was easier to find the CEOs email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrong person, but good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual from Adobe no answer to this simple question.  Tabert_Frank I also see 2 exact processes for CCXProcess.exe with same root running.  Adobe applications are resource hungry and my Windows 10 machine (with fresh install) is lagging.  SIMPLE QUESTION:  WHY ARE THERE 2 IDENTICAL PROCESSES AND HOW DO I SORT THIS.  Surely this must be causing more load on my system and possible process clashes?  I mean duh guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark29519794sush 

google your os and learn why multiple identical appearing processes is normal/desirable/efficiency effective, not just for adobe, but for many other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling CCXProcess at startup won’t have any negative effect on your system as it’s only a minor background process related to Adobe CC. If you need CCXProcess services later, it will launch automatically when you open any Adobe Creative Cloud application. So you don’t have to worry about not having access to extra features in Adobe apps either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Certainly! I faced a similar issue with my system. To resolve it, I recommend disabling one "CCXProcess.exe" at a time from startup using the Task Manager's Startup tab. If there are no adverse effects after each disablement, you can choose to keep one or both disabled for improved performance without deleting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines