Centrally shared assets library?

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably confused on the basic principle of assets sharing:
in my team, we have few  designers with full licences of Adobe CC. Being a small team, we need to share with each-other pretty much everything we do.

By doing so, we are quickly consuming eachother CC storage quota, and we always facing the problem of moving old projects outside CC (usually, a local HD! ).

I see that you could upgrade the storage plan to 1TB. But it would require upgrading for everyone in the team.

Doesn't it exist an option to setup a Central shared assets library, that people can use without consuming personal quota? This would also make more sense so that permissions are managed centrally at not by the individuals on each folder (what happens if designers leave the company? will i loose access to their assets?) 

The only thing I could find in Adobe is within ADOBE EXPERIENCE MANAGER ASSETS, which seems to be too much for us.

If adobe doesnt have a fit-for-purpose solution, any third party option affordable and easy to setup? Or, any other suggestions (eg: placing only the referenced assets into a network shared drive, like it was the 90's)..

thanks!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two options, both using our collaboration functionality.

First, is to share the library with the short list of users. You can give them read & write access, and their acceptance of the invitation should not impact their quotas. You can do this from the Assets website (http://assets.adobe.com/libraries) and click on the three-dot icon below the library.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.35.23 PM.png

The second way is to make a public link for the library. The downside to this is that only the official owner would have write access. Via the same three-dot menu referenced above, click "Get Link" and you'll receive an abbreviated URL to the shared library to send to your collaborators. They can either "Follow" the library, which makes the library appear amid their other libraries, or "Save", which will create a copy of the library in their account. If you're concerned about quota, the "Follow" option is for you.

If these options don't meet your needs, reply with more details and I'll see if I can find a better solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines