• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Challenges confirming Licensing on Rural Internet Connections or while working offline.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a full Adobe CC customer/paid subscriber for many years.  I live and work in a rural location utilizing a satellite Internet connection and additionally, I often need to work at remote sites where Internet connections are not available.  It is extremely frustrating, unproductive and embarrassing, when working with clients, to have my Adobe apps not function because they cannot reach the Licensing Server when my satellite Internet connection is hampered by weather or while working offline at remote sites.  I find it hard to believe that there could not be a better solution to track licencing locally on my computers and devices which updates periodically when Internet connections are strong.  I am further frustrated and discouraged, especially given that this subscription is not cheap, that when trying to troubleshoot this challenge the best suggestion that I can find on the Adobe Support is to use a faster Internet connection.  I find it hard to believe that I would be the only Adobe customer that faces these challenges.  Does anyone have any fixes or solutions to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

I often work offline.  Obviously, the online services don't work without an Internet connection.  But the desktop apps should not stop working unless your device hasn't called home in more than 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Carey, I am sorry that you are unable to use your Creative Cloud membership online consistently. As Nancy stated a month to month subscriber can be offline for up to 30 days and an annual subscriber can be offline up to 99 days. More information on this can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html.

I did check your history and I see multiple check-ins occurring from the same computer on the same day.  This means that the stored security

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often work offline.  Obviously, the online services don't work without an Internet connection.  But the desktop apps should not stop working unless your device hasn't called home in more than 30 days.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Carey, I am sorry that you are unable to use your Creative Cloud membership online consistently. As Nancy stated a month to month subscriber can be offline for up to 30 days and an annual subscriber can be offline up to 99 days. More information on this can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html.

I did check your history and I see multiple check-ins occurring from the same computer on the same day.  This means that the stored security certificates are being damaged and/or invalidated and thus requiring a new check-in to occur.

To correct this behavior please follow the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html to remove the current certificates.  If you continue to encounter problems then please review the settings for any installed security or utility software that may be damaging or invalidating these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines