• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the Owner of a CC Library

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an existing library of over 100 assets that are shared with 20 people in our company, and used in hundreds of files.

The original creator of that library is designated as the "Owner".

That person is leaving our company - I want to change the "owner" of the libraries to myself without effecting current team members and linked files.

Is this possible?

I have read all related articles but none have clearly stated whether linked files and current collaborators will be effected with their given solutions.

Please relate the answer to effects on current collaborators and linked files. Thank you

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

I saw on this other thread that engineering plans to add this feature mid month

Re: Any way to transfer cc libraries to a different owner?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thought of one work around, can anyone confirm my logic?:

I can create a NEW library and invite all the current collaborators to it.

Then, we can "MOVE" the assets from the old library (created by the employee that is leaving) - to this new library.

Since collaborators are on both libraries the assets should remain linked to all effected files.

Do you think this will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katscosche,

Yeah, that should work so long as you have Edit level rights to the Library.

Also, so long as you had edit rights you could just make a copy of the Library here: Adobe Creative Cloud and you would be the new owner on the copy.

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David -

Thank you for the help!

By making a copy of the library I would have to re-collaborate with all team members which is fine...  But I am concerned about hundreds linked files using the assets within that library.  If I made a copy of the library would my assets still be linked to all the documents that we share?  My thought is no, since the copied library contains in a basic sense "new" assets.  While they have the same name in the library have a new unique identifier related to the new copied library and so would not link up to all the files/documents that use the assets from the original library.  Would you agree?

Thank you again for your help

Kat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kat,

Sorry for the long delay in responding. I think I missed your reply. I wouldn't think making a copy would break the links but probably the best way to find out would be to just test if you haven't already.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave -

I made a copy of a library that was shared with me to test this, and I had duplicates of the files. which I could edit independently of each other.  So I am thinking the links would be lost - I hope to do my final testing over the next week and I will update and close thread once I have a good answer.  Thank you for all your help -

Kat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kat,

We are dealing with a similar situation. Were you able to perform the testing you mentioned?

Any results to share?

Thank you,

M~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M -

I am in the process of migrating assets to NEW Libraries starting today. Our team decided to have the person who we prefer the libraries be "owned" by create new libraries.  I was then invited as an editor, so I can add the correct collaborators, etc.

I am planning on waiting until all the collaborators are able to accept the invite before "Moving" assets to the new libraries.  Then, I plan to right click each asset and select the "Move to" option and choose the newly created library.  This part may be tedious, but I found it is a chance to audit our library for redundancies, and out-of-date imagery.

Once everything has been moved, I will inform the team to "Leave" the old libraries. (Found under the palette menu)

In my research I found that a "copy" was basically creating new assets that were not linked to my files (or the teams) so I did not want to go that route, as I assumed all the linked connections would be lost.

I also learned that libraries owned by former employees/collaborators remain ACTIVE as long as the other collaborators continue to use it.  Watch out though, because if the library is INACTIVE for more than 30 days it will be lost.

We use our libraries a lot, so we got lucky that we did not loose our assets from long gone employees. I decided this new information was key to pushing the project forward more quickly.

I have about 2 more libraries to migrate, and I am happy to continue to share my experience and updates until the project is complete. - Kat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kat

We are also in a similar situation.

Would you be willing to share any further information on what happened with your library migrations? did they all go as expected or did you have broken links in files etc?

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw on this other thread that engineering plans to add this feature mid month

Re: Any way to transfer cc libraries to a different owner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines