Classic-centric work flow

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inrecently bought into the adobe plan hoping to unify my work flow between my desktop, laptop, and iPad Pro.

I have a 4 bay NAS that will enevitably have a 12TB+ capacity. I never intended to pay more than for the basic photography plan nor do I intend to, and 20GB should be more than good enough.

Since I will definitely exceed 1TB (I mainly shoot RAW, around 8-10k a year) I plan on keeping originals locally (so using lightroom Classic cc). I started first using my iPad to import and edit... only to find out be that there doesn’t seem to be anyway to force the synced files on the lightroom Classic side I to the lightroom Classic folder hiarchy and then remove the files from the cloud.

In in other words I do not know how to move the files from the CC structure in the mobile synced folder on my desktop to the NAS drive and organized according to year and date in order to retain the edits I had already done.

In the end I had import them via the classic side build smart previews and share to the cloud, effectively having to redo 100 edits or so.

I hope I am just missing something.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more