• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Classroom in a book lessons

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought illustrator classroom in a book. I want to do the lessons on my iMac AND my HP laptop. I also might like to do some of the lessons on my iPad. Is it possible to download the lesson files and use them on the different systems? Or, could I download windows and Mac versions of the lessons? I have asked this question numerous times at Adobe Press and have not received an answer. I would like to start my lessons but want to make sure I can use both versions. Can someone answer this question? Thanks! I want to do this with InDesign, Ohotoshop and Dreamweaver as well. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Yes, you can.

You just need to go to the CIAB site when you register your book (on Peachpit), you'll find all of your files there, right? Once you register, all of your lessons/project files can be downloaded when you login. - - In the Adobe XD CIAB, all lessons are delivered in one zip file.  So you'll probably be able to download all of the lessons to your desktop, then decide where you want to use the individual lessons (iPad, laptop, desktop) later.

The instructions are in the first pages

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the best place for your question is. Let's try Creative Cloud Services, as that covers a lot of the basics and the non-program-specific information.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or you could just simply be helpful in the first place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being helpful also includes moving the question from a forum where no answers will be forthcoming to one where the question is more likely to be answered.

That's exactly what happened here. The discussion was moderated and a helpful answer was given by someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I couldn't answer the question because I have no knowledge of Illustrator or how the Peachpit Classroom books are used. I helped by putting this in a forum where people who do know could see it and answer it.

Remarks like this are considered impolite, at best, and as such are strongly discouraged on this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can.

You just need to go to the CIAB site when you register your book (on Peachpit), you'll find all of your files there, right? Once you register, all of your lessons/project files can be downloaded when you login. - - In the Adobe XD CIAB, all lessons are delivered in one zip file.  So you'll probably be able to download all of the lessons to your desktop, then decide where you want to use the individual lessons (iPad, laptop, desktop) later.

The instructions are in the first pages of the Classroom In A Book.  There are 6 steps, and you're good to go.

I don't know if you can download the project files to your iPad, but many of the lessons are project files, so:

• start to work on your desktop
  • save your progress to your creativecloud library
  • open your iPad with the same CreativeCloud login
  • access those projects from your library

Good luck with Illustrator!

Edit: Where to get your Adobe Classroom in a book projects:  peachpit.com/register

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  You've been most helpful. I haven't used illustrator since is was version 6. On a cd. So I need to update my skills with these new versions of everything! .love how helpful this forum is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines