• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Desktop App Not Pushing Notifications On Mac

Participant ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever I made changes to files in my Assets folder, I used to get a notification pop up on my iMac.

I have noticed these have for some reason stopped, I no longer receive notifications.

Nothing has changed, I have the desktop app enabled to receive notifications.

Mac OS X 10.12.3

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Hi Ian,

I got feedback from our engineering. They said notifications only appear in instances where you are using the same account on on multiple workstations. In those cases, any of other workstations other than where the source, where the change occurred, (i.e. where a file was added to the Creative Cloud Files folder) get notifications about the change.

With the way engineering explained it, it sounded like this is the way it's always been. I haven't had a chance to test personally yet, but I h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Thanks for reporting this. I experience the same thing. I'm not sure why. I'm reaching out to our engineering dept. to see what I can kind out around this and will update you with what I learn.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

I got feedback from our engineering. They said notifications only appear in instances where you are using the same account on on multiple workstations. In those cases, any of other workstations other than where the source, where the change occurred, (i.e. where a file was added to the Creative Cloud Files folder) get notifications about the change.

With the way engineering explained it, it sounded like this is the way it's always been. I haven't had a chance to test personally yet, but I have used the same account on multiple workstations ,so it makes sense to me.

I'm not sure if that helps?

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back.

I have tried that and can confirm the notifications do work when using the same account on another workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing. I tested too but it did work for me. One computer was a Mac and the other a PC. I'm not sure why it would be any different for you?

Did you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app and all notifications turned on in the preferences?

notifications.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David__B wrote:

Thanks for testing. I tested too but it did work for me. One computer was a Mac and the other a PC. I'm not sure why it would be any different for you?

Did you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app and all notifications turned on in the preferences?

notifications.jpg

It DOES work David, I think you may have mis-read my reply

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I misunderstood, glad to hear its working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines