• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud File Link PDF Preview doesn't update

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i update a PDF file, the file preview of the already existing share stills shows the old version. When downloading the file, it actually downloads the new version. Even the information next to the preview shows the new updated timestamp. What is wrong?

I now have to create a new link every time i update te file to send to my customers.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronald,

I had a few questions to better understand what is happening.

• Is the PDF stored on Creative Cloud or Document Cloud?
  • Where is the PDF stored on your HD?
  • Could you share a screen shot of the updated timestamp?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF is stored on Creative Cloud

PDF is stored in C:\Users\Ronald.VANDEVEN\Creative Cloud Files\Drukkerij\Bedrijven\B\Bakkerij van Hulten 03745

(this specific one, but the problem is with all files (at least PDF, i don't know about the rest) stored in Creative Cloud

Screen shots of what's happening:

1st version of PDF. Link is already created and shared:

original.jpg

Changed the PDF (the picture in the PDF is changed to a full black box, which can be seen behind the popup!!):

changed_1.jpg

When clicking on the share link, the old file apears again: (timestamp didn't change, i'm not sure if it actually did before. maybe i misread the date because i can't reproduce it on this one.) (language is dutch: GEWIJZIGD 06-12-16 08:55 means UPDATED 12-06-16 8:55 am)

changed_timestamp.jpg

When i download the file, when activited, the NEW file with the black box instead of the picture is being downloaded..

Here is the link to the file: Adobe Creative Cloud

This file was 1 year old. But is happens on all files when updated; old or new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of the detailed info Ronald. I'll confirm I can reproduce the issue from my side and let you know if I have any additional questions. So long as I'm able to reproduce it, I'll report it to the related engineering department as a bug/enhancement. Files stored on Creative Cloud support versioning and I suspect the link is somehow incorrectly tied to the older version. Thanks for posting about the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ronald,

I tried recreating this issue but haven't been able to do so. I didn't see it with your example file either. Did you try refreshing the browser window with the preview of the PDF after updating it? Are you still seeing the issue? I wondered if it might be some kind of lag. Does it happen regardless of browser used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was on windows 7 with Chrome (Yes, i refreshed the browser window!). So now i opened the link with my macbook with google chrome and still see the old file. Haven't opened it before on this machine and i'm in a different location.

I openend the same link with safari on my macbook... and now i see the new file!

On my Iphone both Safari and Chrome show the new file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines