Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud files only at the cloud?

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could I save my files on the creative cloud without having them locally on my machine?

So I can keep my files saved on the cloud if  I don't have space on computer to keep them but I have cloud space for it.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a good idea... I have read messages from people who have had a program problem, and their cloud files have disappeared

You should always have files in at least 2 place... an external drive works if your internal drive is full

A possibility is this USB3 dock with fan to swap 'bare' drives for backups http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-SuperSpeed-Docking-Station-Cooling/dp/B0055PL2YI or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147511

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Your Creative Cloud storage is not a replacement for hard disk space.  It's an auxiliary space for syncing to other devices and sharing assets with colleagues.   Also do not confuse Creative Cloud storage with dedicated cloud backup & disaster recovery systems like Backblaze, Carbonite and others.  They are completely different things.  See Creative Cloud Storage help below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe it is possible to have files Only On the Adobe Cloud servers. Even if you logon to the Creative Cloud website and Drag and Drop files there from any folder on you drive and also have the Sync feature enabled they get RE=Downloaded to the CC Sync folder on your drive.

Sure if you turn of the sync option, actually Pause it as you can't turn it off, but then the only copy of your files is in the Clouds.

Also IF you cancel your subscription all those files will be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines