Highlighted

Cloud storage problem uploading big files

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a Creative Cloud account with 20GB storage, and I have a problem trying to upload a 3.7GB .img file.

Mi Internet connection is not very fast uploading (only 80kbps) and I know uploading this file will take a lot of time, but I noticed a few problems:

-I tried to upload the file during the night. Although I disconnect the power save mode in my Mac, I noticed the uploaded stopped after I leave my computer alone without activity (but it didn't go to sleep during this time)

-If I get to upload 50% of my file, and I need to restart or disconnect my computer, the upload starts from the beginning!! There are no resume of uploads?

Are this issues normal, or have I a particular problem?. Any ideas.

Thanks a lot

Juan

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cloud storage problem uploading big files

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a Creative Cloud account with 20GB storage, and I have a problem trying to upload a 3.7GB .img file.

Mi Internet connection is not very fast uploading (only 80kbps) and I know uploading this file will take a lot of time, but I noticed a few problems:

-I tried to upload the file during the night. Although I disconnect the power save mode in my Mac, I noticed the uploaded stopped after I leave my computer alone without activity (but it didn't go to sleep during this time)

-If I get to upload 50% of my file, and I need to restart or disconnect my computer, the upload starts from the beginning!! There are no resume of uploads?

Are this issues normal, or have I a particular problem?. Any ideas.

Thanks a lot

Juan

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC storage uses ther HTTP protocol, which works different from FTP. I think it's safe to say that what you are trying to do will never work under those conditions and it will always simply time out. Unlike DropBox the CC app does not use slicing and hashing to make this work...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium,

in conclusion: CC storage is not the best service.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I don't understand the reason why when my Mac is NOT in sleep mode, and is fully active, but nobody is working in it, but for example playing music or toasting DVDs... CC decide to stop uploads. This seems stupid, isn't it?

One hour ago, I was going lunch... the upload rest 3 hours to finish in that moment. I was for lunch for two hours, and my mac was working in one render during that time... I've just come back to my studio, and discovered CC decyded to stop upload... really crazy.

Best,

Juan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the internal specifics, but Adobe has time-outs in most of their download/ online features. If they are inactive for a while or take too long, the connection is cancelled for performance and security reasons to prevent attacks on teh servers. That e.g. was a big issue with the old Creative Suite downloads when the download manager shut down after 3 hours or so. From their point of view of course it is sensible, but in your case turns against you. Anyway, for now there#s nothing you can do about it but use other services.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue here. Contacted them 4 times. I was trying to upload a 4 GB .img file. Finally they said that this service is not for .img files. It is ok with project files, etc, but not to share a final product. Better to use free dropbox... Too bad, but that one at least works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juan and Dzsokolino,

Could you collect and upload your sync log files for review? They are located at

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-f iles.html

Windows:

The log file can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Would you be able to zip the log files into a single file, upload them to Creative Cloud, make it accessible for download, and post the download link here?

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I already thrashed those files, and probably it would have worked with ZIPping it. Good Idea. I just tried IMG and they said it is not supported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines