Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cloud sync

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Ok so I am new to all this cloud syncing stuff and I have a question. I have 1TB of storage on a creative cloud but not on my Mac. How would I go about saving items to the cloud, like video/photo to adobe CC without them saving to my mac as well?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't unless you add storage to your mac.  cc sync'g is for backing up a local folder/storage, not additional folder/storage.

cc storage backs-up and syncs with an os folder.  if you add/delete from one, you add/delete from the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Are there any cloud services I can use that can full fill this or do I need to just get an external hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you really shouldn't trust anyone's 'cloud' for important files.  cloud backup is just that, a backup for stuff stored elsewhere (like on an external hd) so in case you encounter one disaster, you have assurance that you don't loose everything important.

you should google cloud services but onedrive from microsoft and google cloud storage from google are two biggies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you might benefit from Selective Sync offered by Cloud storage services such as Dropbox

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/selective-sync-overview

For example, I store photos on Dropbox but not on my MacBook Air with limited hard drive storage. I then download individual photos as I need them for editing. Works fine.

I believe Google Drive also offers selective sync

https://thesweetsetup.com/how-to-use-selective-sync-in-google-drive-for-os-x/

AFAIK, there's no selective sync feature with the Adobe Cloud yet although it's been on their To-Do list for a long time.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Selective-sync-for-Creative-Cloud-Files/m-p/8436317#M2977...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines