Highlighted

Cloud Syncing is very slow and isn't really "syncing"

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 5GB of files, and though I haven't personally counted them, CC says I have 170k of them. I moved everything to the sync folder "Creative Cloud Files". Let the syncing begin!

The estimate to finish the job was 14 hours. My internet is not particularly slow. In fact, 3 hours into the sync, I buffered up a two hour movie (which loaded in its entirety in mere minutes). Granted, upload speed != download speed. I went to bed hoping the job would be finished by morning. In the morning, my estimate was down to 0 seconds even though it confusingly still had 10k files left. At this point, I had to go to work, so I closed my laptop and went to work.

When I reopened my laptop at work, it started syncing again... from 0%. The files are in the CC folder, with the exception of the 10k unsynced files, they all had little green checkmark icons (indicating sync). Now my estimate is 40 something hours. I'm not sure if it's writing a second copy or if it doesn't realize that the files haven't changed or what...

Please give me some suggestions. I'm now paying for the entire suite of Adobe products, so I do expect that support will help me resolve this. We're kind of starting on a bad foot here.

Thanks,

Chet

EDIT: A few hours later it says it's synced, which would indicate that the problem of "resyncing from zero" is that it is just reporting the wrong numbers?

Hi Chet,

This issue has been addressed now. You should no longer receive the error if you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed. You can confirm you have the latest version from the Creative Cloud > Files section of the preferences. If you have Creative Cloud Sync 2.4.1.35 or later, the issue should be resolved.

Here are instructions for accessing the preferences if you need them.
Use the Creative Cloud desktop app to manage your apps and services

Best,

- Dave

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cloud Syncing is very slow and isn't really "syncing"

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 5GB of files, and though I haven't personally counted them, CC says I have 170k of them. I moved everything to the sync folder "Creative Cloud Files". Let the syncing begin!

The estimate to finish the job was 14 hours. My internet is not particularly slow. In fact, 3 hours into the sync, I buffered up a two hour movie (which loaded in its entirety in mere minutes). Granted, upload speed != download speed. I went to bed hoping the job would be finished by morning. In the morning, my estimate was down to 0 seconds even though it confusingly still had 10k files left. At this point, I had to go to work, so I closed my laptop and went to work.

When I reopened my laptop at work, it started syncing again... from 0%. The files are in the CC folder, with the exception of the 10k unsynced files, they all had little green checkmark icons (indicating sync). Now my estimate is 40 something hours. I'm not sure if it's writing a second copy or if it doesn't realize that the files haven't changed or what...

Please give me some suggestions. I'm now paying for the entire suite of Adobe products, so I do expect that support will help me resolve this. We're kind of starting on a bad foot here.

Thanks,

Chet

EDIT: A few hours later it says it's synced, which would indicate that the problem of "resyncing from zero" is that it is just reporting the wrong numbers?

Hi Chet,

This issue has been addressed now. You should no longer receive the error if you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed. You can confirm you have the latest version from the Creative Cloud > Files section of the preferences. If you have Creative Cloud Sync 2.4.1.35 or later, the issue should be resolved.

Best,

- Dave

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 27, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go again. Syncing some files on a new computer. Only 116 hours to go!

Come on, Adobe. Get it together.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2017 3
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Chet.

Try opening the shared folder through the web interface and deleting the 400 thousand archived files that you don't care about at all. You might be able to get 116 hours down to something reasonable. Like 2 hours. That's right. You've been syncing deleted files.

Best,

Yourself

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chet,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Glad to hear you were able to get things working again though.

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chet,

Our engineering team identified and issue where in some instances if a system went into a sleep state syncing collaborated folders could incorrectly get moved to the trash on the local machine, causing them to be resynced. Our engineering team will be releasing an update to address the issue in the coming weeks. Sorry for the difficulties you encountered.

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chet,

Best,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to here, the version you mention is not yet released. Trying to update the desktop app seems to confirm this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chet,

There are different versions for Creative Cloud desktop app itself versus the Creative Cloud Sync. In the latest versions of the desktop app the sync version is listed in the Creative Cloud > Files portion of the preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I am updated past the recommended version of sync. Something is still fishy, though. Today I caught a process "Core Sync" with the CC icon using 100% CPU, even though I had sync disabled/paused. Additionally, I never seem to get a clean sync, there's always a few files that it just doesn't know what to do with (merge conflicts). though that is likely a separate issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CoreSync process is also used for Libraries within the products and Typekit. Does it continue to show 100% CPU use or did it seem to drop down to a more manageable level after a while?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay. I had had syncing off, but I haven't seen the problem since. The time I noticed it, it didn't seem to drop down, but I did turn it off not too long after noticing the issue, so it's tough to tell.

I turned sync back on today and after about a week or two of not being synced. After 8 hours of "syncing", it doesn't appear to have made any progress whatsoever. I still have small image files on the web that haven't appeared on my second machine yet (i.e., they couldn't have some kind of merge conflict as they're only on one machine).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your help so far, David. I mostly have been keeping sync off because it just runs at 100% CPU though it appeared to do nothing. It says syncing, but it just hangs.

I deleted my CoreSync *.db files and appears to have started over from scratch, which is kind of what I was going for. It's a bit awkward that my CC folder is locally 9GB, but it says I have 16GB full on sync (archive is empty).

The problem I reported 3 months ago still persists.  For 9GB of files, this really shouldn't take more than an hour or two on modern high speed internet. According to CC, only 74 hours (and climbing) to go! Let me know if I can get some logs together to help fix this. It's pretty tiring to know that my choices for syncing are either to leave my computer syncing for several days or to just not rely on your cloud services at all...

Also, Adobe forums have recently had an occasional bug where typing moves the page up to the top. Adobe's web services really do leave a lot to be desired.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it seems that the new syncing is using additional quota rather than clearing out the old files and starting over. I'm not sure what happens when my 9GB of files clear the 20GB limit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2017 0