• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collaborator's files moved to my computer's trash

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to better understand how Creative Cloud works. I have an individual membership to CC, and a team with a separate account has shared folders with me to collaborate on a project. I am finding files--some that I worked on and others that I never worked on--in my own laptop's trash. I never moved anything to the trash. These files are taking up a lot of space on my own computer, but I'm nervous about deleting them out of my trash for fear that doing so will somehow delete them from the team's folders. Please help! I've tried using chat to deal with this issue, and they said my computer must have done it???

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible anyone else from your team moved these files to the trash on their computer? If so, they will disappear into your trash as well.

If not, you have just entered the twilight zone that is help from Adobe. Numerous people have complained (including me) of files disappearing. In my case, all files in a folder but one disappeared from man of our folders. No team member did this. But I haven't gotten any help from Adobe here, and when I called tech support I got a guy who said he would "escalate" my problem and I never heard back, nor did I get a transcript of our chat. Very frustrating. We are afraid to use the CC now.

Deleting the files from your trash shouldn't affect the other team members, but deleting anything from your Creative Cloud folders will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any option to avoid this?

When freelancers find the closed, unshared folders again in their trash, it's easy to walk away with projects. (nothing against freelancers!! But I could affect some compagnies). And you can make others trash a dirty mess with this!

If you are no longer involved it should disappear somehow on every device who participated on these files.

Is there any evolution on this matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines