• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Commenting in the Creative Cloud not working?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company just purchased the Cloud for our team. I am experimenting with proofing through the cloud but I have 2 problems:

1. People without a Cloud account cannot comment. WhenI try to share, it does not give me the option to allow or disable commenting. It has a check box to allow downloading but not commenting.

2. I uploaded a native InDesign CC file but it did not upload any of the corresponding fonts. The area on the right where it's supposed to list the fonts int he document was bank and it substituted Verdana for everything.

I thought the whole point of the cloud was to be able to share with people who do not have cloud accounts? Fonts aren't supposed to be a problem and you are supposed to be able to upload native program files without a hitch. How can I resolve these issues? The commenting thing is most important as I can get around the font thing by uploading PDFs. Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the issue of not being able to comment on a file when not signed in with an Adobe ID. I have alerted the Files team and they are investigating. Should be fixed soon.

The image rendition you are seeing is being generated by InDesign on a server. It only has the default fonts available so if you are using any custom fonts they will get a substititue. Using a PDF is the best way to resolve this since the needed font information is embedded in the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ken! I'll let my team know the commenting issue is being addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem -

1. People without a Cloud account cannot comment. WhenI try to share, it does not give me the option to allow or disable commenting. It has a check box to allow downloading but not commenting.

Has this issue been resolved and if so, can you please advise the fix?

Thanks --

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know this has not been fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to allow or disallow commenting has been removed. This is by design. We received feedback from a lot of customers to simplify the workflow. If you are sharing something it means you want feedback. Thanks for sharing a different viewpoint. Please elaborate on why you like to share but disallow comments.

Seperate from this is an issue where you have shared something but your client cannot make a comment. This is the bug we will fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I work on a marketing team with 6 people on it. Not everyone has an Adobe Cloud account because not everyone needs to have the software. The Marketing Director doesn't need the software but if I share a file with him, he needs to be able to comment on it. As of now, I might as well use WeTransfer for them to download and view the file. It's cheaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has being going for years. No solution for this bug yet?

I really need the comments to be working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working as of today.  Online support says to check forums, what a terrible support structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working, when is this going to be fixed?

If a person is not signed into an adobe account, all the comments the make dissappear......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues where I share a folder for a client, but they are unable to add comments to the images posted.  Allow comments button is enabled.   Seems like this is still an issue?  Does not matter using different web browsers or devices.  Android, IOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines