• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuring a Mac Pro

Explorer ,
May 30, 2009 May 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's commericals have worn me down. I am switching from my PC to a Mac Pro and would like to have recommendations from those who extensively use Adobe's Design CS4 Suite. I will often have InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop opened at the same time. Illustrator files are usually complicated with many layers. Photoshop files can be 500 MB or more.

I plan to purchase the Mac Pro 8 Core http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/configure/MB535LL/A?mco=NDE4NDIyMQ

Can you make recommendations on which processor to choose, how much memory to purchase, and which graphics card to buy, plus anything else you feel worthwhile knowing?  I want the machine to last 3 to 4 years. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and then ask here – http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert1950 wrote:

Apple's commericals have worn me down. I am switching from my PC to a Mac Pro and would like to have recommendations from those who extensively use Adobe's Design CS4 Suite. I will often have InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop opened at the same time. Illustrator files are usually complicated with many layers. Photoshop files can be 500 MB or more.

I plan to purchase the Mac Pro 8 Core http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/configure/MB535LL/A?mco=NDE4NDIyMQ

Can you make recommendations on which processor to choose, how much memory to purchase, and which graphics card to buy, plus anything else you feel worthwhile knowing?  I want the machine to last 3 to 4 years. Thanks!

Disregard the man behind the curtain (first answer you received). Follow the directions of the second answer you received. If you planing really serious work get a Desktop model with the fastest processor and a minium of 8 GB RAM, Getting Machine configured this way should come with a minium of 500gb Drive (approx).  The Drives are SATA and actually plug in you can actually use up to 3 Terabyte of Hard drive space. Also choose the Nvida  Card with the largest on board video RAM. (512kb-1024mb) The System RAM comes in Matched Pairs and capable of using up to 16GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Disregard the man behind the curtain (first answer you received).

Careful... i'll have you up before the Jive A$$head Special Convened PJones Tribunal for:

Slander

Libel

Harrassment

Defamation

... and, above all, sheer idiocy!

To avoid any, some or all of the above, kindly, reset preferences, update to 12.11.10.9.8.7.01, get the latest video card drivers and treat yourself to your fifth favourite tipple at your least favourite bar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

Disregard the man behind the curtain (first answer you received).

Careful... i'll have you up before the Jive A$$head Special Convened PJones Tribunal for:

Slander

Libel

Harrassment

Defamation

... and, above all, sheer idiocy!

To avoid any, some or all of the above, kindly, reset preferences, update to 12.11.10.9.8.7.01, get the latest video card drivers and treat yourself to your fifth favourite tipple at your least favourite bar...

I suppose it would bee too much to ask you to try to stop interrupting threads with your witticisms? No harm in trying, anyway, except for exposing myself to being flooded by them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I suppose it would bee too much to ask you to try to stop interrupting threads with your witticisms? No harm in trying, anyway, except for exposing myself to being flooded by them...

Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Why?

Because, while everyone likes a bit of light relief, you have become a pain.  

... and a distraction from the real business of this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

... and a distraction from the real business of this forum.

Which is? Configuring Macs i suppose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 31, 2009 May 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, really serious work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J Maloney wrote:

No, really serious work.

Mmmmm... quite! Fingers are zipped on this thread from now... off to my second favourite bar for my favourite tipple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

Why?

Because you are contributing to transform this forum, which used to be an effective channel of communication between users and the staff in charge of these forums, in a second rate copy of the dark side of the Lounge. Which in turn is producing an undesirable and previously inexisting animosity between us.

Addition: this is the facet of your personality that we would like to see always around here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2001448#2001448

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudio... see my reply to J Maloney   Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Hi Claudio... see my reply to J Maloney   Cheers!

Hi Jay... OK, only don't forget the addition in my last post. And, just in case, I also think that some fun is all right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHILLIP: Thanks for your help. To be more specific, Apples offers three processing units. The more expensive is an additions $2,600 (see link in my original email for their specs). Is it worth it? ROBERT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert1950 wrote:

PHILLIP: Thanks for your help. To be more specific, Apples offers three processing units. The more expensive is an additions $2,600 (see link in my original email for their specs). Is it worth it? ROBERT

Hi Robert,

I have been always a Mac man but I haven't been in a position to renew my equipment, so I am not informed on the latest developments. However, my premise has always been: if you intend to do serious, intensive use of your machine, buy the best you can possibly afford, regardless. I have never had to regret doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you intend to do serious, intensive use of your machine, buy the best you can possibly afford,

you do know that "shiny" does not equal best, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

if you intend to do serious, intensive use of your machine, buy the best you can possibly afford,

you do know that "shiny" does not equal best, right?

Yes, that's why I said "best". And you do know that, in the Mac world, "more expensive" does not always equal "more shiny", right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't figure out why you guys are going on and on about a Mac... Burger King is the way to go! It beat the Mac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Can't figure out why you guys are going on and on about a Mac... Burger King is the way to go! It beat the Mac!

Might be for Hamburgers.

But so far as computers go, for now the biggest draw For Mac the computer, Unlike PC from every other company, Mac's don't have to be dumped in the trash everytime MS come out with a new OS. Unless Mac adopts a new Processor. You can use a Mac for 7-8-9-10 years as long as the Hard drive don't crash. If you get the Desktop Models you can upgrade to your heart's content.

And the biggest draw. FOR NOW, Macs don't have to worry much about Viruses, Trogans, worms, keyloggers, adware, Malware. In fact about  90-99% of the crap that affect a standrad PC's deal with every day.

That's not to say they want cach up. there will be tipping point where we might be equaly as attacked.

And Finally they are easy to set up Printer, modems, Internet, ethernet and so on.

If a PC floats your boat Fine.

I've dealt with PC's in the past when I was working for school system. And none held a candle to a Mac for reliability.

For me the only way a standard PC would come into the house I  live in, is if I were to croak, and someone else rented house I live in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CLAUDIO: understood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know about that. do they charge extra to wash it in unicorn tears before it leaves the factory?

ok... too far off topic (for the forum). sorry.

just kidding

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can anyone suggest me the minimum sata-ii hard disk, need to upgrade my desktop that has 400 gb sata hdd, as I am currently having online lessons in a range of adobe photoshop, premier pro, illustrator, auto desk maya, corel draw and various others including a few CAD softwares that my brother would be using. I am looking at a range of 600Gb to 2TB here with either 5.4k rpm or 7.2k rpm, I suppose 7.2k rpm would be faster readable, but on volume side I want to keep myself to the lower range since my most priority upgrade would be graphics cards & rams, and do not have much budget to spend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines