Highlighted

Conflicted Copies – only editing on one computer

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

I'm working on a fresh (less than a week) install of El Capitan and a fresh install of Premiere Pro 2015.3 on a maxed-out late-2014 Retina iMac. This is the only computer I'm editing the project on, although I do also have CC installed on a MacBook Pro.

Since the auto-save feature is still unreliable, I manually save my work all the time to the Creative Cloud Files/Premiere Pro/10.0 folder. Sometimes when I save I get a message saying that this file has been modified since your last save, which is annoying but I can live with it. What I can't live with are the conflicted copies of my project files that are (seemingly) randomly being created in the 10.0 folder. They say the project name, then "(Conflicted copy from Jef’s iMac on 2016-09-08)". Like I said, I'm not editing on any other computers, and this is the only iMac I have, so it shouldn't be creating conflicted copies.

Long story short – I need this to stop. If anyone has a solution, I would kindly appreciate.

–Jef

(Adobe: Please don't respond by asking me to fill out a bug report. Frankly, your bug reporting system takes way too long, and in my experience it never makes any difference anyway. Consider this my bug report, thank you.)

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Conflicted Copies – only editing on one computer

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

I'm working on a fresh (less than a week) install of El Capitan and a fresh install of Premiere Pro 2015.3 on a maxed-out late-2014 Retina iMac. This is the only computer I'm editing the project on, although I do also have CC installed on a MacBook Pro.

Since the auto-save feature is still unreliable, I manually save my work all the time to the Creative Cloud Files/Premiere Pro/10.0 folder. Sometimes when I save I get a message saying that this file has been modified since your last save, which is annoying but I can live with it. What I can't live with are the conflicted copies of my project files that are (seemingly) randomly being created in the 10.0 folder. They say the project name, then "(Conflicted copy from Jef’s iMac on 2016-09-08)". Like I said, I'm not editing on any other computers, and this is the only iMac I have, so it shouldn't be creating conflicted copies.

Long story short – I need this to stop. If anyone has a solution, I would kindly appreciate.

–Jef

(Adobe: Please don't respond by asking me to fill out a bug report. Frankly, your bug reporting system takes way too long, and in my experience it never makes any difference anyway. Consider this my bug report, thank you.)

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your "save" routine and your "backup save" routine?

I would suggest that you dont need "a cloud" in any SAVES if you have solid routines in place.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider this my bug report, thank you.

Sorry, I can't file a bug for you in this manner. You have to do it. Sorry it's painful.

Sometimes it take a number of cycles to get bug fixes and feature requests to get implemented. I like to review them to see which ones to advocate for when I'm asked. So, if you don't file it, I don't see it in my reviewing process. Your request is much like a "vote" as many other people have the same request, quite often.

After searching around your error seems to be a file sync issue. I agree with shooternz in that you should look for another volume to back up your files to on a regular basis. Move them to the Creative Cloud folder when your project is complete. This slight change in workflow might get you back on track.

If that truly won't work for you, PM me where I will give you instructions to send me your Creative Cloud logs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how I'd feel if I told my landlord the toilet didn't work and he said "then just don't use it." I realize it's not a perfect equivalency, but hopefully you get my point.

Coincidentally, this is essentially the same "solution" you provided for my auto-save problems. Don't use it.

Problem solved!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

onefjef,

Again, could you PM me so I could get ahold of your log files? I'm sorry if I missed any previous messages.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any updates on this issue?  Any posts or troubleshooting articles you can point us to other than "don't use the cloud"? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for the past few months.  It has been happening, sporadically, with saves from within the Adobe universe, as well as saves from outside.  Yes, these are saves of edits to existing files in my CC library.  It doesn't happen every time I save though.  Eventually, I do get a saved file, but deleting all of the (conflicted copies) gets to be a pain, especially with only 20Gb to work with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this issue too. My set up is a single workstation, no networked drives or anything like that. I have separate media and scratch disks, but I create and save my project files in the Creative Cloud folder on my main SSD. The idea being, of course, that it will serve as an automated backup, so I don't have 'Save Backup Project to Creative Cloud' activated.

It didn't used to happen, but now it's a regular thing, every project. After an editing session of a few hours I can have 8 or 10 'Conflicted Copy' projects alongside the original. It's not a MASSIVE inconvenience to delete them, but you do have to be careful of which one is the most up-to-date, so the potential is there for accidentally deleting the most recent work, which isn't good.

I, too, don't like the solution of 'don't use this method', as it seems to me to be the best and most failsafe way to use projects files and the cloud, if it were to work as it should.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue but with a multiple computer/collaborative folders setup. Nobody in my office is working in the same files at the same time, but conflicted copies keep appearing for no clear reason. It's been happening with Microsoft Word files, PDFs, and InDesign files, and it's happened to me and several other coworkers. It would be extremely detrimental to our work to accidentally use an older file, so this issue needs to be resolved. Can somebody point me toward a solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen this issue when using the CC storage on Windows machines.

Is everyone experiencing the issue on a Mac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was having the issue on a PC.

I say WAS, as I have recently switched my Save strategy. Now I'm saving locally and having Auto Save back up to my Cloud folder. Because really, if you think about it, saving primarily to the Cloud folder just negates the backup that the Cloud provides. If you lose/corrupt the save, it is then universally lost/corrupted.

Conflicts have stopped with this strategy anyway, which reduces my workday frustrations a few percent

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines