Highlighted

Core Sync causing fans to kick on and using CPU energy

Explorer ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a lot of other posts about this but haven’t seen any real resolution. Whenever Creative Cloud syncs files my fans kick on crazy loud and my computer is heating up. To the point I think over time this will affect my machine. This is even when only a few files sync, whenever Core Sync kicks on it just hogs up all resources.

I am on a 2019 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.15.2 and latest versions of Creative Cloud software. 

I had a remote session with Adobe and we tried the following:

• Re-installed Creative Cloud
  • Ran Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
  • Deleted cache files

All of this did not fix this at all. It is 100% being caused by Core Sync. It starts and stops with this application/process.  

Is there a fix? Thanks in advance.

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, Collaboration, Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Core Sync causing fans to kick on and using CPU energy

Explorer ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a lot of other posts about this but haven’t seen any real resolution. Whenever Creative Cloud syncs files my fans kick on crazy loud and my computer is heating up. To the point I think over time this will affect my machine. This is even when only a few files sync, whenever Core Sync kicks on it just hogs up all resources.

I am on a 2019 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.15.2 and latest versions of Creative Cloud software. 

I had a remote session with Adobe and we tried the following:

• Re-installed Creative Cloud
  • Ran Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
  • Deleted cache files

All of this did not fix this at all. It is 100% being caused by Core Sync. It starts and stops with this application/process.  

Is there a fix? Thanks in advance.

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, Collaboration, Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?