• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync Constantly At 100% CPU Usage.

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help. I have a new MBP 2018 and recently Core Sync is hogging resources, turning my Mac into a frying pan. Constantly chewing up 100% CPU on Sctivity monitor and firing up the fans.

I have closed all processes, uninstalled CC with the official Uninstaller as per previous answers with this issue. Reinstalled and boom, 100% CPU usage. When I'm not plugged into the main I'm lucky to get 30-45 mins battery time with Core Sync running.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

The latest updates to the Creative Cloud desktop app include bug fixes related to high CPU use from Core Sync and CEF Helper which affects some systems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Version 5.4.2.540 for macOS (Intel and ARM) and version 5.4.2.541 for Windows (Intel) released on 03/12/2021

You can install the latest version from here:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

We've also seen some issues in the past with illegitimate vers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

A few questions and things to test:

• Would it be possible to capture and screen a screen shot from Activity Monitor?
  • Are you actively syncing files when this issue is occurring?
  • Does unchecking the sync on/off option in the Creative Cloud app preferences make the CPU use go down?

sync_on copy.jpg

• Also, just to confirm, what version of the Creative Cloud Sync is listed in the preferences?

Please get let me know when you get the chance,

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Support told me it was my fault that Core Sync was taking up 100% of my CPU and it's because my 64 bit system needs to be upgraded to 64 bit ... not the sharpest tool obviously.

First he said Lightroom was to blame, so I uninstalled it. Not worth the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paused the syncing and the CPU went down to normal levels. I am not sure why it uses 100% minimum when it is not paused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! My core sync is also always running at over 100%. My fans are constantly running. And very often my syncing is non-stop. Please help!

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 11.37.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-22 at 11.38.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the same issue on Win 10- core sync prosses, use 100% cpu- when syncing files

wen creative cloud turn off, every thing fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any update on this? i have the same issue on two different macbooks (2016 and 2019) core sync eats up 100% cpu and when i turn it off, my macbooks immediately turn silent. this issue is persistent for months and makes me wonder once more about adobes reliability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues as camilone. I am on a 15" MBP 2017 model and core sync is slow going and hogging up resources. I have restarted and done all the normal troubleshooting. When this issue be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Recently the same problem occurred, but it has been resolved. please refer.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/creative-cloud-draining-battery-like-crazy/m-p/10835260#M...

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems that createv cloud update kind of fiz this- any whay i set up file sinking to low >in settings
this is so anyoing- adobe clouse service was my favorite- and was so seemles on all of my devices. now i can trust it anymore - and im waiting long times just to a few low quality pics.
at my studio i use 2 coputers and an ipad. 

really dont understand the new CC SW 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! - Finally! - I've been having this problem for like a year and Adobe hasn't provided a solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after 2 SW updates im still having this proplem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is posted above. SW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Since 2018 I have always had this issue. No exceptions. On Windows, high CPU of CoreSync is paired with high CPU of Explorer.exe. When I turn on my Surface Book or wake it up from sleep mode (not quite a low-end laptop, I would say), I have at least 5 minutes of constant 100% CPU usage dominated by CoreSync and explorer. I did many things. Changing CPU priority, changing upload/download limit for Creative Cloud, reinstalling Adobe CC (from the official website), reinstalling Windows... Nothing works. Leaves me at the only conclusion left: it must by CoreSync in combination with explorer. Please do sort it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems now that as soon as I force quit my Explorer.exe, the CPU load decreases dramatically (briefly towards ~20% for Core Sync, but soon after closer to 0). I would have to verify this, but I think that explorer.exe does interfere with Core Sync or vice versa. If I quit explorer, Core Sync has time to do its job. If I quit Core Sync, it will reappear, same issue. Anyone following this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can ignore my latest comment. Quiting explorer.exe has no notable effect. If the sync is still actively hogging up CPU, it continues to do so when explorer.exe is killed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone on a Windows PC, I learned that CC has trouble with folders that contain many files: once I consolidated these folders into ZIP files, that impacted the performance quite positively. And every time I progressed into reducing the amount of folders with many files, performance improved even more. 

Still, for a very brief moment, CoreSync and Explorer together manage to gobble up ~50% of CPU (which causes my CPU to be used 100% for that brief moment), but at least I do not have to wait that long anymore.

Though that this works, it also feels like a workaround to me. I still think that this is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.
for me now the issue fix itself after so many updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see this issue occasionally on my macbook pro. It usually right after updating some adobe apps. If I open all the apps that were recently updated, then close them, the problem goes away. I just validated this after the latest 2021 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still seems to be an issue. I am using a newer MacBook Pro running Catalina and I couldn't understand why my fan was always running high even when I was only browsing the web. I opened Activity Monitor and saw that Adobe Core Sync was bouncing between 99% and 100% CPU usage. I ended up force quitting Core Sync and within a few minutes my fan slowed down and my MacBook started to cool down. 

Adobe support: Not only is this annoying, but it is also potentially decreasing the lifespan of people's computers. The effect of running a processor at 100% constantly will, over time, began to degrade the processors through a process called electromigration.  Adobe Sync is destroying people's computers. This needs to be fixed. 

Electromigration is when metal atoms wander into the dividing layers on a microprocessor. It is caused by the combination of electricity and heat. Processors are designed to run within certain heat and electrical specifications, and if run at higher heat and/or electrical specifications, electromigration may occur. If this occurs to a great degree and enough metal atoms wander off of the lines in a processor, they may permanently ruin the processor by thinning a connection so that it does not work effectively, or even making an electrical connection where one is not intended to be. Overclocking and raising voltage supplied to a processor increases the risk of electromigration.

http://www.geek.com/glossary/E/electromigration/

A more in depth explanation can be found here: http://www.csl.mete.metu.edu.tr/Electromigration/emig.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening all recently upgraded Adobe apps, the closing them. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue on my Mac running Big Sur 11.1. I have plenty of RAM and memory on this machine that is less than a year old. DerekTChiristie is exactly correct. This Adobe's Core Sync is killing the expenseive hardware we buy so we can accomplish work in using CC apps. 

MHiken, closing the apps as you suggest does not work for my system. My experience is identical to DerekTChristie's. I quit all Adobe CC apps and signed out of the cloud account. Then I force quit Core Sync from the  the Activity Monitor and my fan slowed down. 

As soon as I log into my Adobe CC account and open apps, Core Sync is back at it again topping CPU usage at 99-100%. 

If anyine finds an effective way to work around this I would love to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration. I feel it too. The Core Sync service should never be allowed to rise above an acceptable threshold of CPU usage. This appears to be an interoperability issue between Core Sync and new Adobe apps. If you solve the source of the problem, the high CPU utilization will go away. 

My theory is that Core Sync gets stuck in a loop when an installed or upgraded Adobe app has not been run for the first time. If you have ANY ADOBE APPS (can I stresst that any more?) that you have not opened since they were installed/upgraded, try opening them and then closing them. For me this has worked more than once over the last year. You don't have to sign out of the Creative Cloud app for this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest updates to the Creative Cloud desktop app include bug fixes related to high CPU use from Core Sync and CEF Helper which affects some systems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Version 5.4.2.540 for macOS (Intel and ARM) and version 5.4.2.541 for Windows (Intel) released on 03/12/2021

You can install the latest version from here:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

We've also seen some issues in the past with illegitimate versions of Core Sync causing issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/coresync-is-using-high-cpu-on-my-windows-machine-.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines