• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync Process Choking Systems

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC installed on an older MacBook Pro running Lion and an iMac running Mavericks. Ever since the last CC update, my processors have been maxed out and the Finder locks up (usually after first booting up). The activity monitor shows "Core Sync" hogging most of the CPU - anywhere between 75-99%. Once I quit the process, the CPU returns to normal. I also have Adobe CC installed on a PC running Windows 7, which produces similar CPU usage. I am now in the habit of force quitting Core Sync first thing when I boot up and when Core Sync switches back on, I'm sometimes forced to just shut down CC altogether. This should not be.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Adobe?

J.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 100 Replies 100
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey J,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Are you still seeing the behavior? Does signing out of the Creative Cloud app and back in again make any difference (Gear icon > Preferences > App tab in the General section)? Can you check the version from the preferences just to ensure you have the latest release 1.5.1.369?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, see these processes running.  I'm not running Flash, I'm not running Photoshop, why, then, are these processes even running at all?  I also force quit them right away, if I'm not planning on running an Adobe product.

How do I make this stuff not run unless *I* want it to?

Upon further investigation, I see that I can run Flash CC and Photoshop CC without Core Sync or Creative Cloud at all.  How, then, do I uninstall Creative Cloud and Core Sync?  I don't want it on my computer if it has to run on boot every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bitknit2,

Are you using file sync? If so, does the behavior still occur if you pause it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing exactly the same very annoying problem on a MacBook Air (Core i7): 100% CPU for no obvious reason. For hours.

Drains my battery very fast, even if there are no changed files.

Does not stop after pausing file synching.

Only solution is to quit the CC application and killing the Core Sync service after that.

Please fix this immediately - otherways I am unable to work with CC files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mroesele,

Does this occur file sync or when idle?

If during file sync, how many files are syncing/what size are the files?

What version of Mac OS?

What version of the Creative Cloud Desktop App are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi derekajack

> Does this occur file sync or when idle?

The problem occurs both idle and while file sync is busy.

In the attached screenshot you can see that file sync is busy at the moment.

But it also occured that file sync said something like "all files up to date" and core sync was still busy doing ... well ... something cpu intensive.

And there is something else which i don't understand. When I browse the cc files folder, there are some folders marked with an exclamation mark but all the containing files seem to be synced properly.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-06-03 um 11.49.09.png

> If during file sync, how many files are syncing/what size are the files?

That varies. Most of the time almost no files are being synced - and usually it are a few small css files and web images.

> What version of Mac OS?

latest available - 10.9.3

> What version of the Creative Cloud Desktop App are you running?

latest available - 1.6.0.393

Ah. Maybe it is worth mentioning that my iMac which is still running Mountain Lion does not have the 100% CPU issues.

... and did I mention the CPU temperatue of 94° Celsius and the rapid battery drain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay. after 50 minutes the process has finished it's work and claimed that all files have been synced.

now "core sync" process is consuming only 0.2% cpu when sync is idle.

there are also no more exclamation marks in cc files folder (in finder).

after that i created an empty folder which has - of course - been synced in a jiffy.

but now the core sync process is using 100% cpu again since 5 minutes. now in idle mode ("all files up to date")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mroesele,

thanks for the additional info.  Would you also be able to send me a copy of your coresync log file?  The location of the log file is detailed below -

Mac - /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

(On Mac, you need to use the Go To Folder option from the Go option in Finder (menu at the top).  Then in the pop up enter:

/users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

Then select go, this will take you to the folder containing the .log files.)

Please email this to me directly on djack@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on a MacBook Pro. 100% CPU. Does not stop after pausing file synching. Does not stop after restarting the CC App. Only solution is to quit all CC applications and killing the Core Sync service via hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi florianbredle,

Does this occur file sync or when idle?

If during file sync, how many files are syncing/what size are the files?

What version of Mac OS?

What version of the Creative Cloud Desktop App are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J.Hanshaw

Could you supply me with your log files, this will help me understand your issue further and help you with a possible work around.

CoreSync Log File location -

Mac - /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

Windows - /users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

If you could email me your log files, harress@adobe.com

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no help here.

file sync? what is that?  I don't use anything called "file sync"

Here's the scenario.

Boot Mac

No Creative Cloud icons in my tool bar at the top.

No Adobe applications running.

Open Activity Monitor

Notice Creative Cloud and Core Sync processes running, using cycles. - FORCE QUIT THEM.

This is my immediate habit now upon booting my Mac.

I want these applications to not run unless I specifically run those applications myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I had a misunderstanding, and thought that I needed to run Creative Cloud to run Adobe Applications.

My solution was to uninstall Creative Cloud.

I no longer see the processes running when I boot my machine.

I have decided I will not use "cloud" services for my content.  I do not believe Adobe can keep it secure, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bitknit2,

as you say, you don't need to run Creative Cloud app to run the Adobe apps, however Creative Cloud app is the mechanism for alerting you of available updates to the Adobe apps, and for downloading these updates. 

You can turn File Sync off from the Preferences menu if you choose not to use this feature.

With regards to the issue of high CPU usage, we have identified a resolution and will provide the fix in an update later in June.  As my colleague Warner mentioned, we may be able to offer a workaround until then.

It would be great if you could use the File Sync feature and let us know what you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that June coming up or? Few more Junes perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you KIDDING me?! "We have identified a resolution," 2014? I can barely even run my laptop with Adobe apps draining like crazy, whether or not they are active. 2020.  I even opened preferences, turned off an update, Core Sync still running, draining my battery like crazy. I'm not writing to ask for a solution. It's six years later, and apparently there has been none. I just have this to say, and it is not "constructive": I hate Adobe. If I could live without this company, I would. And I've been trapped in their ecosystem for 30 years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue in 2021. Core Sync Helper going 100% for over an hour and I don't have any files in the Creative Cloud or use Creatve Cloud in any way... Just use Photoshop a few times a week for image manipulation.

MBP at 92 C for over an hour!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bitknit2 wrote:

Still no help here.

file sync? what is that?  I don't use anything called "file sync"

Here's the scenario.

Boot Mac

No Creative Cloud icons in my tool bar at the top.

No Adobe applications running.

Open Activity Monitor

Notice Creative Cloud and Core Sync processes running, using cycles. - FORCE QUIT THEM.

This is my immediate habit now upon booting my Mac.

I want these applications to not run unless I specifically run those applications myself.

Have you found a way to STOP Core Sync Helper from starting with your machine? 

I have been force quitting from activity monitor for a few weeks now and that is the only remedy to the constant background process from Adobe.  Seems like it's a 24/7 phoning home kind of thing.  I have disabled everything that I can from startup in both user and system libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let the Adobe folks know, this is still a problem. I am running Windows 7, and after a reboot my machine becomes unusable for about 30 minutes due to the all of the Adobe CC activity on the net and disk.

Also, I have unsubscribed from CC due to the fact that I only us it 2-3 times per year. However, I am still experiencing these annoying update. I guess it's time to uninstall the whole thing.

Happy new year...:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suffering the same problem on Macbook Air mid 213. 

even when i tried reducing the download bandwidth to 25% it seams to have no effect.  If core sync starts it consumes the whole cpu...

• Core Sync taking up 100% when syncing files
  • causing cpu fan to run at full draining battery at a very high rate
  • once sync has started the cpu does not decrease even when sync is paused
    • it has to be force quit as a process to stop

I have now disabled syncing of files and now use dropbox as an alternative. Dropbox works very well so i know its a not a fault with my machine.  Please can you sort this as its now June and the problem is ongoing

cheers

W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Waynedge,

Thank you for raising this issue on the forums, we are working hard on performance improvements for Creative Cloud, these improvements will be included in future releases.

A work around for now is to let Creative Cloud work on syncing your data/assets until the full sync job is completed, I understand this may take some time and max out your CPU(s) depending on how many assets you have, after sync is finished you shouldn't see this kind off issue again unless you uninstall Creative Cloud and re install).

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe buy me a replacement if my MacBook Air dies of heat stroke?

CPU is boiling (98° C) since 2 hours again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mroesele,

I responded to your mail.

Warner has suggested a workaround pending our update, where you allow the assets to complete syncing.  It may be in your case it's best to switch off sync until we make the update available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. That sounds great. I will wait for the update and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines