Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync using CPU Cycles 90% to 100%

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

This is a subject that has been around for many years. Some have suggested different solutions but these do not help. I havent seen one response from an Adobe Support techician/engineer that has made sense or has worked.

Please Adobe can we get a solution, listen to your users this issue is extremely frustrating,

I have a new Dell G5 laptop with an Intel i7 CPU, 16Gb Memory, SSD running Windows 10 PRO 1909.

"Core Sync.exe" will use up all the CPU cycles for 30 to 35 minutes at startup. During this time the laptop is barely usable. After a few hours the "Core Sync.exe" will kick off again, causing the same situation as at start-up. The Laptop becomes very hot during this time.

As stated above I have tried the different suggestions by various users but these have not had any impact on "Core Sync.exe" at startup or later.

I tried an uninstall. Removed everything then ran the Creative Cloud remove tool. After that I looked for folders in "Program Files", "Program Files (x86)", "ProgramData" and "AppData" under the user profile. In addition a registry cleaner was run and a manual search iwas done on the registry to find any links to Adobe, related products, with these being deleted. After rebooting the laptop Adobe Creative Cloud was once again installed. After installation the laptop was once again rebooted.

Can you imagine my disappointment when "Core Sync.exe" launched an kept my laptop busy for 30 minutes and more. The big problem is that if I go to customers I have a laptop that cannot be used for the mentioned time. Not only embrassing but extremely inefficient.

Adobe, what are you going to do about this situation or dont you care about your small clients.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is CoreSync.exe (No space between Core and Sync) and it is located in the C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Sync\CoreSync\ folder.

2019-12-03 17_25_22-C__Program Files (x86)_Adobe_Adobe Sync_CoreSync.png

I guess you could delete it or move it to some other folder and test. Doesn't do that on my system but I don't sync up with the Adobe cloud system anymore. Sync is Paused. And it didn't when I did sync stuff up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Thank you for your reply.

Firstly, by me typing "Core Sync.exe" or "CoreSync.exe" would that change the problem I am experiencing? Windows displays it as "Core Sync" in task manager. If your comment is not going to help correct the problem why comment?

Secondly, I have no files to sync with the cloud but this process still occupies between 70% & 78% CPU time not to mention the other Adobe services running. Computer is unusable for 20 to 30 minutes after a boot, with 12 of the 12 logical processor running at 100%. Total waste of time and energy as none of the Adobe apps are in use.

Unacceptable and frustrating that Adobe has nothing to say on a problem that many users are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your troubles have passed a long time, but I'll tell you how to fix them recently as the same troubles happened.
In my case it is a Mac, so the location of the file may be slightly different.

1. Pause Syncing.

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 23.04.58.png
2. Delete the CoreSync folder.
/ Users / User Name / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CoreSync

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 23.08.02.png
3. Restart PC and Resume Syncing.
This solved the problem.

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 23.32.46.png

Please forgive me if you have already solved it.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I did try this but made no difference when computer was rebooted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines