Highlighted

CoreSync destroys network at work; sends massive amounts of data even when file syncing is disabled.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with CoreSync.

Even when Create Could is closed, and/or Filesyncing is paused the CoreSync component still runs in the background (visible in Network tab on the OS X Activity Monitor). CoreSync generates a huge amount of network traffic. Up to 300MB in less than 15 minutes, which does not seem to be from the files in my Creative Cloud folder. This lags out the network, and makes it very difficult for other members of the team (and myself) to even browse the internet.

Is there a solution to this? Is this just another buggy update? What the hell is it sending?

Troubleshooting Attempted:

Uninstalling/Reinstalling Creative Cloud

Signing out / Signing back into Creative Cloud

De-authorizing / Reauthorizing the machine

Pausing File Sync

Not really impressed with this, as it's personally embarrassing to be the unwitting source of the problem that's been hindering our team for weeks.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CoreSync destroys network at work; sends massive amounts of data even when file syncing is disabled.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with CoreSync.

Even when Create Could is closed, and/or Filesyncing is paused the CoreSync component still runs in the background (visible in Network tab on the OS X Activity Monitor). CoreSync generates a huge amount of network traffic. Up to 300MB in less than 15 minutes, which does not seem to be from the files in my Creative Cloud folder. This lags out the network, and makes it very difficult for other members of the team (and myself) to even browse the internet.

Is there a solution to this? Is this just another buggy update? What the hell is it sending?

Troubleshooting Attempted:

Uninstalling/Reinstalling Creative Cloud

Signing out / Signing back into Creative Cloud

De-authorizing / Reauthorizing the machine

Pausing File Sync

Not really impressed with this, as it's personally embarrassing to be the unwitting source of the problem that's been hindering our team for weeks.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?